What's new

Input on my design please (1 Viewer)

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
45d584c7-ff8a-4519-a098-6fc26a490d94-jpeg.66934

I purchased the TSR-7850 7.2-Channel Receiver with MusicCast receiver as that’s all I’ll need for this setup. On sale for $370

OFinally made the doors for the cabinets and wrapped the fireplace with the wood. I cut lines into the wood to make it look like tiles then continued the lines across the cabinets. There are 4x 24” cabinets and the bottom 21” Is a smaller cabinet section. All the AV equipment is in the cabinet just to the left of the fireplace and I ran all the wires through the fireplace facade and through the wall behind the couch.

6 channels (wires) ran in the back, set up for left/right rear , then back surround and 2 for atmos presence speakers.
In the front I will have the Klipsch in wall 5800 II Left and right, the Klipsch center speaker with horn dual 4”, then 2 , 6” Klipsch atmos presence speakers left and right above the TV aiming down as they are already angled. Then 12” 400w Klipsch sub on the floor , right of the fireplace.
For the time being I’ll have 2 Klipsch 4” bookshelf speakers as the left/right rear and later decide what main speakers to use in the rear.

Any suggestions on the rear set up using the bookshelf speakers with 2 additional atmos presence speakers? I was thinking to have the Klipsch RP-500SA Atmos for the rear and but another set but the 140SA for the front above the TV.

my overall concern is the space, only about 7’ between the couch and TV, maybe the In wall front L/R speakers and the center is too much as each tile will essentially contain one speaker. I would imagine it will take a good speaker tuning to get this to sound good.
I’ll be upgrading to a Samsung Q70 65” which will take up the entire space width wide and leave just enough room for the speakers above and below it. I also ran a dedicated 20A circuit inside the component cabinet for the receiver, XBOX, DVD, switch, etc... the sub also takes advantage of the circuit with a GFCI protecting the circuit. TV has a branch circuit 15A.

the fireplace is a Dimplex prison 1200w /plus LED fire effect with multiple color themes. It’s really impressive!

any thoughts or guidance would be great. I didn’t sound proof anything which I could get rattling on some stuff like the closet doors but overall it should sound amazing.

I like the receiver because it hooks into your network and automatically finds your NAS server, in addition it has internet radio, Bluetooth, airplay and music cast for future speakers (could run on zone 2)

fonts all messed up due to copy paste from phone

Attachments

• 45D584C7-FF8A-4519-A098-6FC26A490D94.jpeg
    45D584C7-FF8A-4519-A098-6FC26A490D94.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I realize you don't want anyone to make suggestions for things to improve. So, the complete absence of ventilation for the receiver looks like a perfect solution.

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
Didn’t forget it. I have 2, 80mm fans inside the cabinet which exhausts the heat through a 6” void between the fireplace a and cabinets. Vents out the top.

Is there any clean solution for wire management? I have all the wires dumping into the cabinet and was thinking of something like a patch panel that are used for networking. I wouldn’t want to buy a ton of wall plates and mount them inside the cabinet, this would be more of an open rack of sort where shorter cables can plug from receiver To patch panel of that makes sense
thanks,

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's good. Modern receivers tend to generate a lot of heat. With the intake and exhaust on the same side, what are you doing to ensure there is airflow through the receiver and you are actually exhausting hot air from it, rather than just pulling it in and exhausting it, without the airflow actually going the route it needs to?

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
That's good. Modern receivers tend to generate a lot of heat. With the intake and exhaust on the same side, what are you doing to ensure there is airflow through the receiver and you are actually exhausting hot air from it, rather than just pulling it in and exhausting it, without the airflow actually going the route it needs to?

that’s what I need to figure out... may need to cut a hole in the floor of the cabinet and then the baseboard of the cabinets, ? Pull air from there? I have as much height as I need. Maybe a false bottom , like a platform that everything sits on, then pulls air from all around via baseboard /toe kick

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might look into an AC Infinity Aircom unit to make certain you actually pull air through the receiver. I suspect a straight through model would be the most effective. Then you just need to be certain you have air flow through the cabinet. Maybe a wire mesh shelf under the receiver instead of solid, to aid the air flow. You'd want intake somewhere below the receiver and exhaust above it, but ideally you want them on opposite sides.

AC Infinity also has programmable cabinet cooling units. Very slick stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks