What's new

hifi setup and config suggestions please (1 Viewer)

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
hi again techie friends i own an azur 752bd , np30, 551r with MA bx2's bx centre and 2 x ca minx min21 at the rear for mysurround sound/hifii solution with a 60" samsung 3dtv 1080p and was wanting peoples opinions on the best way to connect these seperates together.
i dont use the streaming function on the 752bd i prefer to use the np30.
i want to get the best out of my music/movies audio.

the bd player is running through the amp and so is the np30.

for example should i connect the np30 to the 551r amp or run it through the bd player?
obviously the bd player has 5 dac's thats why i ask.

"there are not one but two HDMI outputs, ..., but only the primary output (HDMI 1) benefits from the on-board Marvell QDEO video processor" what should i connect to hdmi 1 and what should i connect to the mhl hdmi socket?

"the Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD can actually be used as an AV hub, allowing other devices to take advantage of its high-quality upscaling and upsampling". should i use the bd player as the hub or use the amp i think im using the amp at the moment.

"there are optical and coaxial inputs and outputs..., and a separate set of analogue stereo outputs for two-channel setups". should i run my front speakers through this instead of the amp

here is the review where i got my info

Read more at Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD review - Blu-ray player reviews

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance Steven.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You seem to be missing one fundamental bit of understanding. The ONLY way you get any sound out of your system is by way of the receiver to the speakers. Don't refer to it as an amp. Receivers have amps in them but also control the entire system. You can connect one hdmi from the blu-ray player directly to the tv, but if you want sound from this system, another one has to go to the receiver. Everything else is also connected to the receiver, then out to the speakers.

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
JohnRice said:
You seem to be missing one fundamental bit of understanding. The ONLY way you get any sound out of your system is by way of the receiver to the speakers. Don't refer to it as an amp. Receivers have amps in them but also control the entire system. You can connect one hdmi from the blu-ray player directly to the tv, but if you want sound from this system, another one has to go to the receiver. Everything else is also connected to the receiver, then out to the speakers.
thanks for the reply JohnRice i understand now do you think i would be better off having one hdmi to the tv via hdmi 1 making use of the Marvell QDEO video processor and the other to the receiver?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you send a device into the BD player for the Qdeo...then send the upscaled content to the AVR and it is set "through" (pure, or whatever the setting is for "no processing")...the upscaling from the BD player is intact.Every AVR ever made works this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks