What's new

Ink cartridge refill service (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys-

A new shop opened in my neighborhood that does ink cartridge refills for inkjet and laserwriters. It's called Cartirdge World, maybe it's a huge chain or franchise.

It looks promising, but I have concerns about ink quality. I use a large Epson ink jet printer and it's photo quality. So color accuracy is an issue for me. Plus is color of the ink all the same for each of the colors in a color cartridge, red, blue, etc, I don't know. Has anyone done a ink cartridge refill before and had good results?

Thanks, it's quite an attractive service.

Nelson

PS, Maybe an admin could fix my misspelling of "cartridge" on my title, opps.

Brian E

Screenwriter
No one I know who's done refilled inkjet carts has been satisfied. That said, that's always been with a home refill kit, not from a retail type service. Do they use the same ink as Epson? Is your printer 6 color? Do they do refills on the 5 color carts? Most Epson inks have a degree of water resistence to them that some inkjet inks don't have. I'd think an Epson type printer where the print head is part of the printer & not part of the cartridge might make for more successful refill success.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Brian-

Thanks for the reply. After I read your reply I checked the website of this place, they are a huge franchise! If anyone is interested, it's : www.cartridgeworld.com

They list the cartridges they do and as luck would have it, the $30.00 Epson 5 color cartridge is not listed as one they do! They do do the black Epson cartridge I have. And my cartridges are not a part of the print head.

They tell a good story on their site. But I would be a bit weary of using them as they say they try to match the inks as close to OEM as they can, so the issue of water resistance, color matching and fade resistance would worry me! It might be fun to try it once though.

And thanks to the admin who corrected my spelling error on the subject line!

Nelson

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Most of the time, refilling doesn't work right and isn't worth the hassle. My uncle called complaining his printer wasn't working anymore...long story short....he refilled them with a kit. I said buy a new cartridge, printer works again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks