What's new

Infocus X1 HD question? (1 Viewer)

RandyMcc

Agent
Ok, I have had my X1 for over a year, and absolutly love it! My question now is I just got direct TV, and was wondering how I go HD with my X1? Is it as simple as getting a HD reciever?

Thanks guys!

Randy

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I also have the X1 and I agree it's great. I use mine for DVD's and HD satellite and HD OTA. Did you get an HD receiver from Directv? You'll need an HD sat. receiver to display HD. If Directv offers your locals in HD, you won't need to use an OTA antenna for your local channels in HD. You hook up your HD sat. receiver to the VGA/component adapter on the X1. If you don't have the VGA/component adapter, you'll need to buy it. Your OTA antenna, if you need one, should hook up to the rear of sat. receiver(that's how my Dish Network HD receiver works). And HD looks GREAT on the X1, by the way.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
OTA reception will generally offer higher quality HD for local channels than the DBS feed: a higher bitrate, and 1080*1920 resolution rather than 1080*1440, as I recall. Of course, if you don't have a TV antenna I gess it makes no difference, and if you have had the projector for a year without watching anything in HiVision I'm guessing you don't.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DirecTV only offers the Big 4 networks in HD for LA, NY and anyone with an waiver from their affiliate. I haven't checked recently but both LA and NY have over a dozen digital channels each. Without an antenna, a lot of HD programming will be missed.

-Robert

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
All you need is an HD receiver, a long component cable, and the VGS break-out adapter for the X1. You can get the break-out adapter from Infocus (you might already be using it with your DVD player I don't know).

There are many ways to get HD, in your case you can get it from Dish Network or you can get it Over-The-Air if you live in proximity to signals.

RandyMcc

Agent
Ok, let me explain my set up and see if this will work.

1-Currently I have my Home theater set up in my room above the garage.
2-I have S video, and VGA ran through the wall, and up to the projector.

My question is, can I just skip buying a long ass component cable to run through the wall, and buy a component to VGA adaptor and run that from my reciever to my input for the VGA? Will I lose anything going through the VGA as opposed to the component cable? I figure if you need an adaptor anyways it cant effect it that much can it?

The adaptor I am looking at is this one-The One-Cable Solution: Belden 1522A from Blue Jean cable Company.

Thank you guys very much for your help!

Randy

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I think you'll be fine with the long VGA cable, I think a lot of X1 owners are using that setup.

-Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks