What's new

3D Inferno (1953) 3D Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
SAM33 said:
Thanks, tried it, didn't work. Already tried the manually switching the 3D on and off on both OPPO's and my Epson projector. Other 3D disc I was using to "trick" it back plays fine.

Not sure if it's the region difference (I have a region free set up) or what, but this is a huge bummer for me and I've never encountered it before.

EVERYTHING else on the disc play fine, but just no 3D!

That happens to me sometimes if I turn on the Oppo before the TV. Another trick you can try is to change the Oppo settings to "forced 3D" mode. In any case, make sure the TV is on first and set to the input of the Oppo.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
I've been both delighted and amazed at the response to "Inferno", both on this forum and by email.

Thank you all.

Quick reminder that all those who have ordered now have a loyalty account on www.panamint.co.uk. 10% discount on everything sine die.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

Attachments

• BLU1005-3D.gif
    BLU1005-3D.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 29

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
SAM33 said:
Mine has arrived, but unfortunately I can't get it to play in 3D on either of my OPPO's - I just get a message saying that that "this disc has recognized that the player or display is not 3D compatible" and only the 2D version and extras will play?

HELP?
You had me worried but I just tried it for the first time and it works fine on the Oppo BDP-93 I have, so it may not be an Oppo problem unless of course you have a different model.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I just ordered my copy over the weekend and I have an Oppo BDP-103. I'll be eager to hear if others with this model have any playback problems.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My experience has been that most issues where the playback chain is not recognized as being 3D capable are handshake issues. I have both a PS3 and a Sony 3D BD player in my setup and find that turning on the player before switching the input to the playback device tends to alleviate the issue. I'm not set up for multiregion yet, but I suspect region of origin has nothing to do with it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Mine has arrived, but unfortunately I can't get it to play in 3D on either of my OPPO's - I just get a message saying that that "this disc has recognized that the player or display is not 3D compatible" and only the 2D version and extras will play?
My Oppo 93 did this after I had already watched the movie in 3D and it had gone back to the main menu and I selected it to play in 3D again. That message is another 'title' on the disc. Although the Title Search function is locked out on most of the disc, it isn't locked out on the "Wrong Region" screen or the movie's trailer, so play the trailer and select Title 1 (the 2D version is Title 2).

Didn't have that problem when I set the player to Region B.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ronald Epstein said:
Just finished watching on my modified Oppo BDP-93. Played perfectly.
Ron, will you be posting your impressions soon? Or have you done so elsewhere and I haven't seen it yet?

docquest

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
Is the Rhonda Fleming trailer where she talks about the 3D process select-able to play in 3D as well?

I'm using a US region A Panasonic BT110 that will play the film in 3D via a trick with the remote. When I do the remote hack it starts the movie in 3D immediately and plays it just fine. However, if I then go to the menu screens to select a scene or restart the film I can't see the film in 3D anymore, just 2D. So every time I pick the Rhonda Fleming 3D trailer its always in 2D. Just wondering it is also in 3D on the disc and I just can't access it via my remote trick.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the actual trailers are 2D only.I checked the "info" button on my player and it reported them as being in 2D. When I was watching the movie in 3D, the info button when pressed displayed a different logo and codec spec than the trailers did. I wonder if these clips were filmed and originally shown in 3D, or if they were meant to play in 2D houses to get people excited for upcoming 3D movies?

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
docquest said:
Is the Rhonda Fleming trailer where she talks about the 3D process select-able to play in 3D as well?

I'm using a US region A Panasonic BT110 that will play the film in 3D via a trick with the remote. When I do the remote hack it starts the movie in 3D immediately and plays it just fine. However, if I then go to the menu screens to select a scene or restart the film I can't see the film in 3D anymore, just 2D. So every time I pick the Rhonda Fleming 3D trailer its always in 2D. Just wondering it is also in 3D on the disc and I just can't access it via my remote trick.
Only the main feature is in 3D.

Russell, Panamint Cinema

docquest

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
Panamint Cinema said:
Only the main feature is in 3D.

Russell, Panamint Cinema
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if it was my player or not.

Any plans to licence any other golden age 3D classics in the future?

It seems the big studios aren't very eager to put them out so maybe the smaller distributors like you can fill in that void.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The only studios that produced trailers for 3-D films actually IN 3-D were Universal, Columbia, Allied Artists and Jack Broder.

The Rhonda Fleming teaser trailer for INFERNO is what was known in 1953 as "2-D for 3-D."

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
docquest said:
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if it was my player or not.

Any plans to licence any other golden age 3D classics in the future?

It seems the big studios aren't very eager to put them out so maybe the smaller distributors like you can fill in that void.
IIRC there was some mention of Panamint pursuing other Rhonda Fleming 3D vehicles such as Those Redheads From Seattle (1953) and Jivaro (1954) if Inferno sells well.

Which would be good news, since Paramount is one of the few major studios that doesn't have classic 3D titles represented on 3D Blu-Ray. Columbia (Man in the Dark), Universal (Creature From the Black Lagoon), Fox (Inferno), and Warners (House of Wax, Dial M For Murder) have been represented so far.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
OK, finally got this to play on my OPPO 103, As was suggested earlier, it seems my memory was "stuck" somehow, and it finally cleared after repeated attempts of loading the disc.

And all I can say is WOW! The 3D is great, the color nice, no ghosting at all on my Epson projector and it's just a thrill from beginning to end.
THANKS SO MUCH Russell for making this happen.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
SAM33 said:
And all I can say is WOW! The 3D is great, the color nice, no ghosting at all on my Epson projector and it's just a thrill from beginning to end.
If you don't mind me asking, which Epson projector do you have? I just got the 5030, and I thought "Inferno" looked amazing on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks