What's new

Indy DVD Inserts Wrinkled (1 Viewer)

Tim Hess

Second Unit
That's kind of what I though it would be.

I actually picked up two sets (one for a friend) and he got the disc, I'll borrow his and watch it once :).

Besides, we'll have to buy them all again, when the Superbits or Indy IV come out;)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I got my set at Best Buy with the bonus disc attached - widescreen, of course! - and there were no wrinkles at all in both the inserts and the package covering. :)

As a side note, I got handed the free Coming Attractions DVD at the store, and one of the features on there is a trailer for the Indiana Jones DVD set. Is this the same preview trailer that's on DVDFile.com's website? I'm curious to know.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
This being paramount, they rarely re-relese stuff like CTSHE with the Super bits. My guess would be Hi-def B-4 this is re-issued. And then only after thiere is 10 million players sold.

On topic no wrinkles here.

I did convert all my cases to the brown LOTR TTT 2 disc cases and put my BB disc in with the bonus disc. Looks pretty cool.

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
All good for me...didn't notice any wrinkles at all.

Bill, the trailer on the coming attractions disc is the same one floating around the net.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Ah well, snowball's chance but I'll post anyway:

I have an EXTRA Raiders insert to trade with anyone who might've miraculousy gotten 2 Temple inserts.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Mine's wrinkled.

Why does anyone care???? you will watch a few times, then either sell them, throw them away, or die and leave them for your kids to throw away.

You collectors are weird;)

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Got mine at Best Buy. Outside "throw away" that wraps around the box kinda wrinkled but they all were due to the extra disc underneath the paper. All inside inserts were fine. But check this out, my bonus disc was not the Raider disc, mine was Star Wars IV: A New Hope.

Just kidding.

Jeremy G.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the wrinkling. ....
Hard to imagine so many HTers not realizing that the sheet is meant to come off the package (the artwork underneath certainly verifies its disposability).

Don't most all here have one (or all 3) of The Simpsons boxed sets? Same deal on those sets.

Godfather = same thing.

People save these crinkled info/spec sheets?? I'm anal to the max, and even *I* don't save these. ;) :) :D

In the event you simply HAD to have a pristine copy of this spec sheet....why not just print out this image (courtesy DVD Empire)? (At least you'd have a wrinkle-free copy.) :) .......

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Regarding the wrinkling. ....
Hard to imagine so many HTers not realizing that the sheet is meant to come off the package (the artwork underneath certainly verifies its disposability).

Don't most all here have one (or all 3) of The Simpsons boxed sets? Same deal on those sets.

Godfather = same thing.

People save these crinkled info/spec sheets?? I'm anal to the max, and even *I* don't save these.

In the event you simply HAD to have a pristine copy of this spec sheet....why not just print out this image (courtesy DVD Empire)? (At least you'd have a wrinkle-free copy.) .......
If you read the topic post, he's not complaining about the 'spec sheet' attached to the back. He's voicing his complaint on the fact that the individual inserts inside each of the DVD cases are wrinkled in his set.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
If you read the topic post, he's not complaining about the 'spec sheet' attached to the back. He's voicing his complaint on the fact that the individual inserts inside each of the DVD cases are wrinkled in his set.
Yes, I'm aware of what the originator of the thread expressed.

My comment was focusing on the subsequent array of replies that seemed to indicate their feeling that the toss-away spec thingie on the back was supposed to be an integral part of the DVD set. Hence, my "copy it off Empire" remark. Ten-four?? ;) :)

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Exactly why is that a problem? Seriously I want to know.
Maybe because you'd expect the contents of a $50-ish purchase to not be wrinkled and in sub-par condition? I can't speak for him, but that's certainly my viewpoint. If you don't understand why that's a problem, I can't help you.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Chazz on that one.

I'd gripe a bit, too, if ALL 3 inserts were crinkly. WHY, I wonder, would EVERY insert (which was protected INSIDE each case) be damaged to some degree? Ridiculous. And simply careless packing. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My cover's straight, my inserts are straight, and even my discs are straight, but the strange thing is that the HDTV is wrinkled.

Oh, wait...that's my eyes doing that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks