What's new
World Wide Stereo

Im a newb, looking for Best bang for the buck, VERY limited budget speakers... (1 Viewer)

JesseW

Grip
I got a room in my basement ready to go! Got it all designed and everything, but im in need of a good 5.1 system...

I have only done minor research, hence, why i am here. I was looking into some of the low end Dayton 5 1/4"s and some of their 1 1/8" tweets.

Anything else for about the same price that you would recommend?

Thanx...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know how much those are, but check out Axiom. They have excellent prices and they now are doing a layaway plan. Other than that, check your local CC for last years Polks... I got a killer deal on some RTi70's last week.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Please list budget for suggestions. I've never heard of Daytona is that a typo of the name Daytons?

Steve Griswold

Stunt Coordinator
A pair of Ascend CBM-170 should do you good for $328 plus shipping. Great little speakers with fantastic sound.

Or you could do Axiom, another very good choice.

You need to specify what "very limited budget" is.

JesseW

Grip
DOH! lost all my text do to having a link...

OK anyways, i was saying that im sorry, that was a typo. Dayton is the brand i was looking at.

Price range? Well, cheaper the better! But dont want horrid pyramid like quality. I do a lot of car audio and only know car audio, so the whole home theater world is new to me.

I can build enclosures and crossovers, so i only need the speakers.

I was looking to get...

5 5/14" midrange/midbass
5 1" tweets

According to good ol WinISD, these Dayton 5.25" midranges on PartsExpress item #295-301 seem to have a decent response in .5 cubes tuned 45Hz. would probably have them play about 70-4000Hz.

Im honestly not looking for a 100% flat response. Just something that i can turn up and get budget theater sound from! for all 5 speakers and tweets, i wanna try to spend under 250 bux (just on the mids and tweets, got the sub and amp planned out already).

Thanx for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks