What's new

I'm 21! (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Tonight I turned 21! So I've got all day today to get in some of my shots...So, lets her some reccomendations. Favorite shot? Which one kicked your ass? And which ones should I tell my friends to buy me?

Its gonna be a long day...

JQ

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Oh God, 21. [overly concerned elder tone] Don't drink and drive son. [/overly concerned elder tone] Do have a great time though. :D
Flaming Bacardi 151 anybody? If you want your night to last for any length of time at all, stay the hell away from this one dude.
I was always partial to good, strong tequila when I was 21. Don't settle for the cheap crap; you will pay for it. Cuervo is okay, but there are better ones out there. Ask your friendly neighborhood bartender to hook you up. Everyone seems to be big on Hornitos, but it's been a while since I drank the stuff, and never tried that one myself.
So anyway, let us know how you feel in the morning. ;)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Happy 21st!!!
Be careful and make sure you have a designated driver.
As far as what to drink......
Beer: I prefer Bass ale myself.
Drink: Nothing like a good Martini.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Shot: I prefer Tequilla and Rumpleminz.
-Dean-

I just recently turned 21, and I gotta tell ya, you're not officially legal until you do a shot of Old Grandad whiskey. Get a friend to do it with you of course, so he can also go through the pain that results from swallowing.

A shot of liquid cocaine (or heroin, I get them mixed up) also packs quite a punch. Now that I think about it, this drink gets called both of those names: equal parts Jagermeister (gotta love a liquor that has deer blood in it), Rumplemintz, and Goldshlager.

Offhand, I can't really think of any "good" shots.. I'm very much a beer-drinker except for the times that I have a truly horrible week of classes.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Oh come on, now there's no deer blood in Jagermeister; I know, because I've seen vegeterians drink it! ;)
But seriously, go lookie for yourself at the Jagermeister site. They don't mention no Bambi blood... but then, I guess it could be a secret ingredient, but I never heard about it.
Anyway, I like the stuff. :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
21 eh? When I turned 19 I just drank in Canada! (Living in upstate NY has it's advantages).
Since I'm writing this while feeling like hammered-shit due to massive consumption last night, I'll throw in my two cents.
Beer-Drink of the God's. At least the HTF God Ron;) . I'd steer you towards Lowenbrau, and Bud Ice. Microbreweries make the best beer, and should be chosen over national brews.
Shots - I'm partial to Aftershock (Cinnamon doom!)Rumplemintz (pepermint Doom!) and Watermellon Pucker.
Tequilla - Ghastly drink, avoid at all costs.
Vodka - Mix with orange juice for a screwdriver. The best/easiest mixed drink in the world. WARNING Drinking several screwdrivers in 20oz. size will also give you the hammered-shit hangover. Just like me:D

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Hmmm...I used to drink Rumpleminz, Jagermeister, and Goldschlager quite a bit. I never thought about mixing them. See you all in a few days when I come to :)
I also remember that Hot Damn 100 was some pretty good stuff. I'll never forget coming home one night to find my best friend in my house playing some excruciating guitar and trying not to tip over. Laying next to him was an empty bottle of Hot Damn...

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Personally, I think the best shot is good old Jack Daniels.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Happy Birthday, Jason, and have a great time. But as already suggested, don't drive, ok? :)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Let me through in my 2 cents regarding what to drink in the morning....a piping hot cup of Pepto Bismal!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Well, my birthday went off without me getting in too much trouble.
Overall I got pretty drunk. I went out Friday the 5th at midnight and got a couple shots in me from friends. Came back home and slept it off. Then I went to dinner with the family, got back to the apartment and drank a little with my friends who are still under 21. Then managed to squeeze in a little more bar time. And got back home again in one piece.
And wow, the bars around here hook up up on your birthday. I got a free shot and pitcher of Yuengling! :D Pretty much a great night. But this weekend was still our colleges spring break so a lot of friends were still out of town or on their way back here yesterday, so I'm in for another long weekend next week.
Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes, as for drinking and driving, I lost a good friend to that 2 summers ago so its stuck in my head pretty good. And, being in a college town all the bars are right around the corner - easy walking distance.
Again thats for the birthday wishes, hope you all had a good weekend...
JQ

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Rumpleminz, Jagermeister, and Goldschlager
Kiddie drinks.

If you want to impress your friends, learn to drink scotch. A nice tumbler of Glenmorangie will last a while--and make your male friends jealous of your taste and style and your female friends weak kneed with lust. Or vice versa, I suppose.

Just remember that scotch (unlike the aforementioned kiddie drinks) is not to be guzzled or drunk in "shots." You sip scotch, and, in the process, end up looking pretty urbane and cool.

Any moron can get pig drunk on shots. It takes a man to do it one sip at a time!

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, I go to U of D too! Where did you guys go? I'm partial to Kates, especially Monday (for Quizzo) and Tuesday (half price domestics Yuengling included pitchers AND half price nachos) if you want a lot of people but still able to get to the bar. If you have 5-10 people and you all want to sit, try the Deer Park. Most people don't like it, but I tell you, if you go during the week and drink the specials (mmm Wed and Thursday nights $1 Yuengling pints and $6.95 all you can eat wings on thurs.) A lot of people like The Balloon (I can't STAND it) so you may want to try that, most go on Mug Night for $1 beers but the Deer Park has $1 Yuenglings compared to $1 Natie Light so which you would choose?). And if you like Micro-Breweries, Iron Hill on Wed nights has $2 pints, and they're really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks