What's new

I realize this is anal, but why is there only ONE Pixar Blu-ray that doesn't have a slipcase? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wall-E does not have a slipcase. Every other Pixar release before or since (and almost certainly all future releases) have them. I realize it sounds a bit picky, but were I to shelve all of my Pixar Blu-rays together, Wall-E would be like the ugly ducking. I called Disney customer service about this to ask if slipcases were available for this title, and was told that, no, they weren't. I admit I am overreacting, but I am pissed.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I am pretty sure mine came with a slipcase. I will check when I get home and let you know. Although I have the habit of trashing them.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
If I do still have it, I'd be happy to mail it to you, as I don't usually keep them.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I believe the 3-disc set had the slipcover, and the 2-disc did not.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
That's the version I have, which is why I remember mine having a slipcover.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I've also noticed that after a title gets older stores toss the slipcovers when they're repricing them. None of the copies of The Dark Knight at my best buy has the slipcover with Batman on it. It's just the "Joker-ized" cover with Joker on the front and the back graffittied.

jscotto

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Osborne
Mine has it, but, it is the 3 disc version. BTW, if I remember correctly, Monsters, Inc. is the only Pixar one that doesn't have a slip cover. All of my Pixar DVDs have a slipcover except Monsters, Inc. I've never seen one and to my knowledge, it never came with one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks