What's new

I just got the Outlaw 7100... (1 Viewer)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
And I really like it. It replaced an ATI 1505 amp. I needed two more channels or amplification, as I'm moving and now can do a full-on 7.1 setup. And I didn't need all the power of the ATI, so the Outlaw 7100 seemed on paper to be perfect. And it just about is. Paired with my Anthem AVM-20, it's a great combo.
How's it differ from the ATI? Well, it seems less raw. Maybe that's because I'm giving up 60 watts per channel (ATI: 225 into my 4 ohm speakers; Outlaw: 165 into 4 ohms). Or maybe the Outlaw just seems a tad more refined. Not sure it makes a difference which way I say it, but things seem to image better with the Outlaw. For example, delicate guitar stuff, like some Spanish guitar works, seem more ... there with the Outlaw. Voices seem a little more intelligible. I understood words in songs I hadn't before. And the Outlaw goes plenty loud enough. More than I need. In short, it's a hell of a bargain, and I don't feel like I'm doing my Anthem a disservice by using the Outlaw for power, which was one of my concerns in pairing a $3500 pre/pro with a $900 amp.
-Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks