What's new

HTPC Software for Blu-ray/HD playback, burning and authoring (1 Viewer)

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I'm setting up a new PC (as my current one is getting rather ancient), so I can finally get into some HD editing/playback on my PC.

What do you think the best software to use is?

Right now I'm looking at PowerDVD 10 Ultra for Blu-Ray playback and Nero Multimedia Suite Platinum HD for burning and maybe simple editing. Also in mind for more advanced editing is either Pinnacle or Sony Vegas. What do you think of these? Or do you have some better suggestions in mind (free or commerical)?

On my current PC I have rather old versions of some of these: Nero 6, PowerDVD (can't remember what version off-hand), and Pinnacle (11 I think).

What do you guys use/recommend?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My own opinion, and YMMV, but PowerDVD10 = crap. You are better off to start looking at Arcsoft's TMT5, (Total Media Theater 5) which can be more easily linked in with media center and has better functions, and is much more "correct" in how it handles input.. and yes, it does 3D as well if that later becomes an issue.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Thanks. I haven't heard of TMT5. It looks interesting. Out of curiosity what is it you don't like about PowerDVD10? I know whatever version I have is pretty old and I barely even used it, so I have no opinion on it one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks