What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Wild - Definitely NOT Recommended!!! (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Watch the extras.
Eddie Izzard is always good.
I was referencing the animal they run into in the forest - he IS American who does a brilliant British accent - the high pitched one.
Was on screen for about a minute.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LMAO! I love the extra where the woman calls him on the phone and he answers in his American voice, then when she asks him to come to her office, he gets that high pitched "Monty Python" British accent while he yells. I'm going to have to try that out at work. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yes ok, was that the guy who was a delicacy and kept trying to get the lion to eat him.

should have been on longer. might have helped
"Was on screen for about a minute."

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Suddenly, there seems to be nothing in cinemas but animated talking animal movies, each of which becomes more and more derivative.

I'm told that this type of movie is the only thing making money at the shows.

I used to like 'kid's movies', but I don't know what the hell this stuff is...

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

I'm with you. Too many damn talking animal movies. Which is one reason I loved The Incredibles. Aside from just being a terrific film, it was not a standard talking animal picture.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But 3D animation is the new cartoon style. Just look back on all of the traditional animated movies; they were mostly animal pictures.

And the other reason probably why you see a lot more 3D movies about animals is because it's easier to create a realistic looking animal in 3D than a human. Human 3D is very difficult - too real and it looks fake - too fake and it loses something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks