What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Reservoir Dogs" Tenth Anniversary Special Edition (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

BarryS

Second Unit
Man, this is bad news. I've been waiting for the Dogs SE for a long time. This is a real letdown. Reservoir Dogs was one of the first DVDs I bought, I've had the old DVD for something like four years now. I've been looking forward to this SE for the anamorphic transfer and tons of extras, but if the picture is crap, then what's the point? I was planning to sell my old Dogs DVD, but given the negative buzz I think I'll hang on to it at least until I see the SE for myself. At least Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are on the way with 2 very good transfers from what I hear! I will definitely be buying those!

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
No sale Artisan!

I was really looking forward to this release. I had it pre-ordered for 3 months and after the consistant reviews on the quality of the transfer, I have cancelled my pre-order.

Of course, like Stargate, we'll probably get a new release every year or so!

Later

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Great review, Ron. As someone who works with deaf & hard-of-hearing persons, I was glad to see you chide Artisan for omitting the English subtitles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

A simple oversight in the review. Since you
are so persistent in pointing it out, I have
altered the film's description.

Consider yourself uninvisible.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Artisan almost never put subtitles on their DVDs. I'm just surprised people are only picking this up now.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
While we're talking about Reservoir Dogs...it seems the original warehouse where much of the film was shot was demolished a while back. It stood at 59th Ave & Figueroa Street in the Highland Park neighborhood of LA. What is it with Tarantino and his sites getting demolished as both the Hawthorne Grille and River Glen Motel from Pulp Fiction have been?
The coffee shop from the opening of Reservoir Dogs is still standing. It's called Pat & Lorraine's Coffee Shop and is at 4720 Eagle Rock Blvd.
Jeff

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
So what color is everyone planning on getting?
Although Ron didn't list it in his review, the Best Buy website says they have brown. Is brown going to be available?
If so, I want to get brown, if not, Mr. White is the man :)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'm getting Mr. White, which puts me in quite a minority apparently since everyone pre-ordering this (on every forum no less) seems to be getting Mr. Pink.

-Lyle J.P.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I have the old version and have officially taken this of my release list. The old transfer looks better(and I dont have a 16x9 TV anyway)

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I figured what the hell and I tried calling and got transferred around a bit. One person had not seen either the original DVD or the 10 anniv DVD. I ended up on someone's voicemail who hasn't returned my call as of 5 hours ago.

Oh, I will get Mr. White as well. Harvey is the best part of the film IMHO and also my favorite actor.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I am not that worried about the video transfer, and am more interested in the dts track and the extras. My copy of Mr. Brown is 'shipping soon' at amazon...
Hopefully I'll get it around the 27th...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks