What's new

HTF is Now Running On the New Server! (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
It's starting again. I was knocked off several times earlier today by Norton for malicious software being detected at the site. This seems to be an ongoing issue, rearing its head every couple months. So far, it seems to be OK now, and it may have been an isolated incident, but when pages are loading there is a lot going on in the background, and things seem a little slower again. Lately, my processor has been working overtime while visiting the site, and seems to go back to normal once I leave.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Stanley,
I can swap your theme to the non-snowy version. No problem. The malware warnings are usually due to ads - and are 99.999% of the time - false positives. If you see one, please email us the warning from Norton and we will investigate.

We also offer ad-free premium memberships if you want to browse the site entirely ad free. Just click Go Premium on the top bar.
Dave

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Persianimmortal said:
If you're using the Snow theme, that ramps up processor usage.
Dave Upton said:
Stanley,
I can swap your theme to the non-snowy version. No problem. The malware warnings are usually due to ads - and are 99.999% of the time - false positives. If you see one, please email us the warning from Norton and we will investigate.

We also offer ad-free premium memberships if you want to browse the site entirely ad free. Just click Go Premium on the top bar.
Dave
Thanks for the info. I've been running without the winter theme for a few days, so that was not the problem this morning.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The last day or so, I've been getting infected file warnings while surfing the Home Theater Forum:
htf-viruswarning.png

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It seems to occur randomly. Not close to every page load, but no consistency on what page it shows up. The last time was on the Agent Carter thread in the TV forum.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It's almost certainly a false positive as we run scans on the site constantly. Avast is known for a high false-positive rate. I run three different enterprise grade AV solutions when using HTF and none of them sees any threats. Please keep me posted.
Dave

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Forum pages appear to be laggy has this been tested on slower pc to see what it might be as its was bit faster a few days ago. Other sites appear okay.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
The buffer is lagging on the site fix it. I thought this site has new software? I seen snails moving faster. Nowhere else is slow maybe Kim, is on the site he likes sony.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Andy,
The site is exactly the same speed as usual. It's either your connection or your computer. We have constant performance monitoring and the site is perfectly responsive from Canada, US, and UK test IP's.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dave, it might be naff ISP that is messing up the speed for this site only. text is laggy when typing and no other site has this issue. This has only happened here in last 4 days.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Andy,
What web browser are you using? I suggest logging out of HTF, then clearing cookies/deleting internet files. After that, shut down your browser, re-open it and then log into HTF. Let me know if that helps.Dave

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dave, the snag as now appeared to be resolved. Typing isn't lagging no more now.

Browser since all that hassle a few months ago I had to switch from Chrome to FIREFOX "must think in Russian" maybe it was some Christmas, heavy internet traffic? It doesn't mean it lag and slow down again on 31st and 1st? I'll see how it goes, but for now the browser loads up at normal speed where's last time it was still struggling to load the page.

Happy Christmas Eve.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Can only get in using the app.
Something going on?

DaiTengu

Server Admin
Real Name
Mike Miller
Adam Lenhardt said:
For me, the pages load, but things hang at "Connecting to cdn.hometheaterforum.com..." for 2-3 minutes at a time.

This should sort itself out over the next couple hours. it was a DNS issue with the CDN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks