What's new

HTF HD-DVD Review: Transformers (Highly Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
Since i'm 19, maybe it's a bad example, ha, but I seriously wanted to cheer a few times the first time I saw this movie. I just thought that it was fun as hell, and I already really like Shia. I donno, I just really got into it.

Everytime I hear Optimus talk I get pumped, haha. Upon second and third viewings I really started to notice things about the movie that I didn't like, and it starts to seem more and more shallow, however, I still think it's great fun.

The Sector 7 stuff always seemed half finished to me, I was never sure how to accept it, anyways.

I hated Spider Man 3 too though.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I guess it helps if you grew up playing with the Transformers toys and watching the cartoons as a kid to enjoy the film.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My integrated amplifier has a volume control that specifically addresses that issue. :)

If you meant that some aspect of the soundtrack such as dialog was too low in the mix, that's another issue

If you meant that the difference between the quiet and loud passages was too extreme for your listening conditions, you can fix that with dynamic range compression via your player or receiver.

Regards,

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I am 44 and i hated the cartoon of Transformers (anime fan from way back, and anime does it better than this show), but i loved this movie. It was one of two movies i saw in the theater this summer. The DVD experience was just as fun. This isnt high brow art, but its a damn good popcorn flick. Enjoy it for the sugar it is!
The bass was amazing, made my windows rattle. Grat stuff!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Yeah, mine does too, but when it is set to zero or reference and it still isn't "loud enough" that's a problem in my book. I don't generally like to turn my receiver up louder than reference.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Well, I know I'm older then you Ron and I love these types of films. I've watched Transformers 3 times and Spidy once so far. Effects driven films are my favorite, I love to turn my brain off, grab an ale, sit back and just escape, its movies like these that do that the best.

Of course I drive a MINI, my favorite Disney character is Tinkerbell, my best friend is a woman and my favorite film genre is popcorn so my man-card has long since disappeared.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

The Transformer toys and cartoon were a little bit after my time (I think they were hot when I was in High School) so I had no prior attachment to the franchise but I did enjoy the film for what it is.

Sure I can pick these types of films apart if I really wanted to but why bother if they entertained me.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Ron are you getting to be a grumpy old man? :D

I'm normally with you about effects driven movies, however Shia LaBeouf's performance is what really drew me into the film. I just saw Disturbia a few nights ago and again he really raises the level of a film that other wise would be something I wouldn't watch.

I really think this guy is a very talented actor and I think he is going to go far.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I generally agree with you and I think that most action movies have no business being more than 2 hours long.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks