What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: The Streets of San Francisco, Season 2, Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Corey3rd wrote (post #20):

Wrong again. I always liked and respected Karl Malden in almost everything he did that I saw (Streets of San Francisco, Patton, A Street Car Named Desire, whatever). (Yes, the commercials were somewhat amusing, but want to see them again? Uh, NO!) It's simply that I've found it amusing for some time now---not just suddenly in this context or in this thread---that (many) Americans go out of their way to avoid commercials in contemporary tv viewing, but "pine" to see them from old tv shows. Seems mystifyingly contradictory to me (although it must be admitted that an examination of tv ads, whether old or contemporary, can tell a lot of interesting things about the viewing audiences for which they were/are intended).

And, for your further information, in order to "hate" someone or something, I have to first respect him/her/it. I assure you, I do not---and cannot---"hate" Hogan's Heroes.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
"That makes no sense to me. I can understand boycotting The Fugitive set but boycotting their other classic TV offerings just helps them sell worse and makes the studio think there's an even smaller market for classic TV." -- TravisR

Dear TravisR:

CBS/Paramount forfeited any right to my business when they lied to me i.e. saying on the package "restored audio." Music is part of audio, and it was replaced, not restored. When a company lies to me, and false labeling or false advertising is lying, I no longer patronize that company. They're lucky I'm giving them a chance to make up for it by redoing that release.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dear Rick Thompson:

Like I said in another post, people can whatever they want with their money. At the same time, I'll continue to not understand why anyone would deprive themselves of other releases that have no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks