What's new

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: King of Kings (1 Viewer)

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
This movie was not filmed in 70mm. It was filmed in Technirama which is technically slightly anamorphic Vistavision and shown in 70mm Super Technirama (which is a 70mm blow-up) in certain venues. Nevertheless, I agree that the quality is stunning.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I know ! That's why I used the DVD cover for my Bluray. That is why I print custom covers for all the Terrible covers that companies release. All Bluray releases should use the Original Poster artwork on their covers. KL,WBArchive, and Shout all release Great poster artwork on their covers !

Agreed and you can add the Indicator series from Powerhouse Films UK to that list.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
This movie was not filmed in 70mm. It was filmed in Technirama which is technically slightly anamorphic Vistavision and shown in 70mm Super Technirama (which is a 70mm blow-up) in certain venues. Nevertheless, I agree that the quality is stunning.
The PQ quality was also stunning to those lucky enough to see K of K in 70mm and even more so with El Cid.
The image area of the 35mm horizontal frame may be smaller than that of 65mm, but Technicolor's printing and the clarity of the Delrama opts provided a breathtaking image.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm finishing up the Greatest Story Ever Told and I'm about to watch King of Kings next. I started a new job right when the coronavirus thing started up and it's taking up most of what used to be my free time so my movie viewing is really slow. I started GSET before Easter and i'm still working through it. I do remember King of Kings looking quite beautiful though. I'm a big fan of the religious epics made during the '50s and '60s, one of my favorite genres actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks