What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Coming 2 America – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Arriving on Blu-ray from Paramount, Coming 2 American appears to be a co-production with Amazon, and is released in the 2.0:1 streaming ratio.

Photographed with a Panavision Millennium, the new Blu-ray has all the attributes of digital large format.

What's most interesting to me, viewing this in projection, is that it could easily pass as a 4k release. Everything about it from the "borrowed" from Disney Lion King opening to the panoramic vistas all screams large format.

As a film, I agree with the Ebert review attached:

Extraordinary costumes, okay film. For a reported 60 million dollars.

Big news is a Paramount Blu-ray that can pass for 4k. I've not been able to find a physical 4k release.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Yes

RAH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I was never a big fan of the original movie - it's moderately entertaining but not great, IMO.

Still, it's much better than the sequel. "2" isn't bad, but it feels like a much-too-late rehash of the original in too many ways.

Too little focus on Akeem. No one watched this movie because they wanted to see new characters!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks