What's new

Hsu VTF-3 info is up, take a look (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
It's a neat idea to give a CD with bass-rich songs on it to each buyer. Does anyone know what's on the CD?

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
My 2 TN 1220HO's each came with a CD by Virgil Fox performing some Bach, Jongen, Gigout and other composers. It is a good CD to that demonstrates Hsu's ability to work great with home theater and music.

Frank

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Hey Frank, how are you enjoying those TN subs? I have heard great things about them. Seem to be very reasonably priced too. I have never seen a subwoofer take up less floorspace than those TN subs.

ling_w

Second Unit
The spec for the VTF-3 says it goes down to 18 hz +-2dB, while the TN1220HO goes down to 20hz +-1dB. Which one has deeper extension, or are they both pretty much the same, going down to 16hz @ -3dB?

I've also seen the CD. It is the same as Bainbridge Records's Virgil Fox "The Digital Fox", but with some slight difference in track time, along with the very begining of the first track being cut off. Must have been the same master tape, different transfers to CD.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I'd say the VTF-3 would easily go down to 16Hz (+/- 3dB) in room. Probably even lower, depending on the room.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Email Dr. Hsu and he can tell you how this subwoofer compares to his other subwoofers. Apparently the VTF-3 in max output mode will have even more output (but slightly less extension) than the TN1220HO.

Either way, with the TN series or with the VTF-3, I do not think anyone can go wrong. But again, email the good Doktor and he can tell you how the VTF-3 will compare to the TN series, and which sub you should go with after looking at your general listening preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks