What's new

Best current source for Epson PJ bulb? (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hey, all.

It's definitely time for me to finally replace the bulb on my Epson 5050UB (after some 4100 hours of use) -- it's actually been barking at me about it (during each startup) for a good while now... though it still seems bright enough for me so far (and should likely serve fine for a temporary backup)...

So I'm looking for a good, affordable *and* reliable source for this (whether off-brand OEM or Epson original). I seem to recall a brief discussion on this, particularly for this Epson series of PJs, but that was some time ago (probably back around when I first bought my 5050UB ~3 years ago)... and I can't seem to locate that thread anymore -- plus that info might possibly be outdated now anyway.

So any (reasonably) up-to-date recommendations, etc (maybe via Amazon for easier returns/replacements in case of issues)?

No doubt there are others likely interested in this as well given the popularity of Epson PJs (even though there's been some migration toward laser)... :D:cool:

TIA for any help on this...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I always recommend the original bulb rather than third party - I know there isn’t universal agreement on the subject but to me saving a few bucks on an off-brand isn’t worth it because they could potentially ruin your entire machine. To me it’s not worth saving $100 when it might cost you the use of a $3000 machine.

I purchase my replacement lamps direct from Epson and from B&H.

For the 5050, that’s these:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I bought a replacement Sony 40ES bulb here and was happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks