What's new

How to use my rear projection HDTV as monitor (1 Viewer)

RentBaxley

Agent
I am in the market for a new PC with windows media center. I want to use it in my living room for all music/movies etc. I am goign to get one with dual tuners etc. Is there anything special i need to look for in order to use my Mitsubishi HDTV as the monitor? This TV is about 3 years old and does NOT have a DVI input.

Any thoughts? I am also looking for suggestion on a PC. I would like to keep it around 1K. currently looking at a Dell.

Thanks!

JohnMurphy

Grip
Just make sure the video card has a video out then you can run a cable from the card to the back of the tv. I made the mistake thinking that my new media center had one because my old media center had one. I was wrong. Now I have to get a new video card to make it happen.:frowning: Murph

RentBaxley

Agent
Thanks for the input.

Any suggestions on a computer manufacturer? At this point i am goign to go with the dell outlet.

JohnMurphy

Grip
I bought an HP media center from Best Buy.
I havent had and problems with it. I like to use their money for two years. Just my opinion. Murph

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm not aware of the options available to you.

I have never hooked up a display from an HTPC with a Component Video Connection. Others may have though.
I'd say the display is not what I would consider a prime candidate for HTPC use, but it may be possible still, I just have not had to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks