What's new
World Wide Stereo

How to Add a "Device" on a MX-500 (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
I just got a used MX-500 and it is missing some of the devices on the main page like the DVD and CD player. How do I add back the devices that are missing? I have read where it is not possible to bring the remote back to the original default so I am trying to manually type in everything that it had originally.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Thanks, but I have the manual and have looked at it alot but can't find how to add a device. I can see where to edit a command for a device but not how edit/add a device. Am I missing something?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you want to change the labels of the devices:

1. Push MAIN + ENT for a few seconds to get the setup menu

2. Select the EDIT option (fourth button down on the right)

3. Press the PAGE button

4. Select the device you want to re-label

5. Use the number pad to select letters; the round pad advances forward/back and pushing down will erase letters

EdNichols

Second Unit
That did it!! Thanks. I was doing everything but pressing the page button. One more question, I am also trying to delete some commands. I am pressing the erase button then the fav button then the "all" button and or the device erase button and the commands are still there. What am I doing wrong here?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
According to the manual (page 34-35) you need to press LEARN after ERASE, not FAV. Then select DEVICE, followed by the buttons you want to clear. I don't have anything I want to erase, so I can't confirm if this actually works. :)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Thanks again. I tried that. When it erases is it erasing just the commands associated with the key? I thought it would actually erase the word that the key corresponds to also. The only way I have been able to erase the word is go into edit and just space the word out using the toggle button.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My understanding is it's just erasing the commands since you are going into a "Learn" submenu as opposed to the "Edit" menu that is strictly for labeling.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Thanks again. I thought it was supposed to erase the label also and when it didn't I assumed it was erasing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks