What's new
World Wide Stereo

How much weight can the Sony BDP S350 support? (1 Viewer)

Jorge Rod

Agent
I want to put my Verizon FIOS HD receiver (Motorola HD QIP 71001) on top of my Sony BDP S350. The FIOS receiver is pretty light, but it has a larger surface area than the Sony player. The Sony player is too small to support all "legs" of the FIOS receiver (in order to keep the FIOS receiver flat on top of it).

I found a small rectangular spacer to put in between the Sony player and the FIOS receiver. The spacer its almost as wide as the FIOS receiver, but smaller on the depth side. The legs of the FIOS receiver are not touching the spacer. I checked the bottom of the FIOS receiver, and it looks like the spacer is not covering the circulation holes (for heat release).

Is this an acceptable arrangement? I could not find anywhere the max weight the BDP 350 can support.

Thanks for your help!

JRod

728x90

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Id be more worried about the heat coming off your HD receiver, even if no vents are covered. At any rate, i wouldnt stack them, but thats just me.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the Sony vents out through the back, therefore no issue of heat circulation on the Sony. But if your FIOS box has vent's on the top, sides and back with a fan (like my Cox cable HD-DVR box) then it generates a lot of heat, especially when it's on all the time. Spacers of at least an inch would work. I've learned that DVD players tend to skip, freeze etc., when they are hot, and placing the box directly on the DVD player with out the spacers could cause viewing errors from the DVD Player.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I have my comcast HD box on my unit with no issues at all. the sony enclosures are pretty solid.

I have not felt any sort of heat issues of either unit.

now what I wouldnt do is stack the sony player on the tv box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks