What's new

How Many Of You HTF'ers Are Going Bald? Does It Bother You? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I'll be a "billiard-dome" very soon! Doesn't really bother me. Anybody else here at HTF losin' the ol' head foliage? And how do you feel about it? :)
If you are going bald, I'm curious to know how many of you plan to do something about it (or perhaps you've taken action already), i.e. hair weaves, transplants, et al??
Does Mr. Popeil still make that "spray-on hair" product?? :laugh: (Now who among you would DARE to use that stuff?!) :laugh:

Kami

Screenwriter
Runs in the family here. I am 20 and I think I notice a bit of thinning, but it could just be me being paranoid (probably is).

If it happens, I vow to never in my life comb over. I will just shave it ALL off.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I'm not going bald, but the ol' hairline is receding pretty fast. I'm not too worried about it yet, but I'll seriously freak out if I start growing a tremendous amount of back hair. I saw a guy one day in a tank-top, and you would swear he had on a sweater. Gross.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Not exactly balding, but it started to get so thin I did indeed shave very close. It only has to grow out a few millimeters and it starts to get obvious what is happening...

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
I was getting thin on top and shaved it all off. I look much better than when I had a full head of hair and am getting lucky a hell of a lot more, too.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm starting to thin a little at the front and I'm seriously considering shaving it clean. The only thing is I'm not sure if I have a good shaped head and would it look stupid shaved clean. I've considered using Rogaine or something like that even though when I was younger(pre-thinning) I swore that I would never use it and go gracefully. Since it's summer I think it is a perfect excuse to try the bald look.

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't paid for a haircut in about 5 years :) . I just set the "clippers" to 0 once a week, and go to town. In a way it's comforting knowing that this is "my look" for the rest of my life (I'm only 32).
It used to bother me, but not anymore. I have a "good head" and still do all right with the ladies. I also have the "compensating" go-tee going for me :laugh: .
I shaved my head (with a razor) only once, and it didn't work for me at all. I looked like someone from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Just a "slight" stubble seems to do it for me. NO COMB-OVERS, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Do I wish I wasn't going bald? certainly. Am I going to spend money to grow pubic hair out of my scalp? NO! Am I going to sacrifice
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
for hair? HELL NO!!!!

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Propecia Propecia Propecia. Or if you don't want the monthly expense just shave it all off and lift weights. Bald and muscles seems to be popular with women from what I've seen.

Jeff

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Runs in the family here. I am 20 and I think I notice a bit of thinning
I noticed mine too, when I was about 20, but it is still hanging on (34). I used to sweat it alot, but 14 years later its "mostly" still there.
The modern thing has been to "bick" it,( and pick up the weights.) There is just something more confident about giving up and just shaving it off, as opposed to the "old, combover." That whole "reverse David Lee Rothian feather" is just out. Thank God!:) Be a man, shave it.
Bless

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Shave it off or wear it very closely cropped ala Patrick Stewart. If you let it grow out, you'll look like Larry Fine.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I remember the days that they had to thin my hair with those special scissors....ah, memories..my hair is still the same in the front and sides, but is thinning in back.

I'm just letting it go, and keeping it short......I have a friend who uses propecia, and he began having troubles....um...performing. :b I don't need to add that to my resume.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
My hair has thinned a bit since I was younger, but it seems to have stopped for now. Fortunately, I still have full coverage for the time being.

However, if it goes, I'm going bald with dignity and shaving my head. I personally don't care for the "ring around the head" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks