What's new

House season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Here we are near the end of the season and I still don't like her as a blonde. She just doesn't look right and is not nearly as attractive to my eye. Last night she appeared just about more than any time yet this season. Still, the point of distinguishing her and 13 might be the reasoning.

The whole Wilson's bed storyline was amusing last night. I couldn't believe he wanted a water bed. I wish they had a scene with him on it.

The one thing about the episode which still feels wrong is why was the actor getting worse in the hospital? He was suffering from an allergy and being removed from it should have helped. I guess he was too far gone at the time and the jump start from the steroids just flushed things out in the end?

Meanwhile, I was going through the episode wondering where I saw the hospital inspector. I finally found him at TV.com Robert Patrick Benedict - TV.com
He had been Lucas on Threshold.

Neil

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Cam sort of looked like hell in the early portion of the episode, but I liked how she told House off.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

When House was walking down the hall with, I think, Foreman, he stated that the allergy triggered something else, which was what was the real afliction that was killing the patient. I don't recall the other problem, and I have since deleted the episode from my PVR :frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Really solid episode of House tonight, looking foward to the resolution and finale next week. So, inside House's head, Amber looks like Ivana Millicevic? I like House's version of Cuddy, too. :D

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Really good episode...particularly if you're a fan of "Fearless" (a movie I love).

Man...I always liked Lisa Edelstein, but she has never looked hotter. And, she's 43! I guess yoga and veganism have paid off.

I really like Amber, and always thought she belonged with House. It's going to be an interesting finale whichever way it goes...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Awesome episode aside there was hotness abound tonight! Between the usual smokin' 13, Cuddy's striptease and the ever freakin' gorgeous Ivana Milicevic (been a fan of hers since HBO's short lived The Mind of the Married Man) this was a veritable sweatbox of sexiness...whew!

Very trippy episode indeed.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hadley. And, yeah, first time, and I'm glad they neither made a big deal of it (aside from a good line from House) or tried to avoid it in a situation where it would naturally be used.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
That episode was much better than the last two. Very clever and interesting. So what was Amber doing on the bus with House? Any guesses??

It appears that the barman took his keys so that's why House was on the bus. Were House and Amber together or was it just a coincidence.

Did House really sense that something was wrong with Amber before the crash, or was it his subconscious trying to remind him that she was on the bus, so they had to find her.

Can't wait for the finale!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

They'll definitely play the 'having an affair' angle for the finale. With her unconscious and House not able to remember...it will be interesting.

My personal feeling is that she's always had a thing for House and vice versa. They're similar creatures. So, an affair wouldn't be a surprise. Of course, that doesn't really explain why they'd be on the bus together. Why wouldn't she just drive him home? Unless she was drunk too. Maybe they were drinking their guilt away? Maybe they were talking about their feelings, but never realized them.

Unfortunately, I would say from a casting perspective that Amber is expendable. I don't know if she's signed for another season or not, but I won't be surprised if she dies immediately after creating a Wilson/House rift. If she were to live and she and House got together we'd have the same rift...but, stories next season would have to also focus more on the Amber/House relationship. I just don't see the writers wanting to go that direction. Better to kill her and deal with the rift between best friends.

Marianne

Supporting Actor

Good point, Quentin. So, does she die of her injuries or from the mysterious disease that House may or may not have sensed.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
If Amber was at the bar with House, she probably would have been able to drive him home unless she was planning on being drunk at the same time? Maybe something happened with her car and it was just coincidence.

It was a real good episode and near the end I thought that most of it could have been in House's head in the first moments of the crash while he was trying to figure out what to do with Amber while she has the pole in her leg. But they had already done that type of scenario last season and then we saw them resuscitating him.

Neil

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

And they say pop entertainment hasn't left people desensitized. Another option would be for her to just leave (for whatever reason).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've never seen Ivana Milicevic before (I would have remembered), but I'll keep an eye out for the name from now on. Wow. Her, CB (who is kinda cute in her own twisted way), 13, Cameron and Schoolgirl Cuddy. Quite an episode. I found myself really regretting that this show wasn't on HBO or Showtime. (Expecially when Schoolgirl Cuddy reached for the clasp of her bra... ;))

Oh - the plot. Yeah, that was good, too. Really looking forward to next week. :D

Regards,

Joe

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
At first I was irritated that House had so much trouble [or the writers thought it was a hard connection] figuring out the Amber thing [I mean how long ago was Jurassic Park], but it turned to brilliance [in my mind] when I thought back and realized Chase had thwarted House by hypnotically suggesting that Amber was irrelevant, leading to the stand-in mystery woman and the oblique approach.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, that was pretty sad to watch Wilson's world crumble, even House acknowledged the irony of the situation. 13 died a little inside as well.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I thought the best part was House's "near-death" scene on the bus with Amber when he said he wanted to stay there because there was no pain and Amber told him he couldn't.

The ending sequence was well done and showed how everyone was trying to deal with the situation. A lot of possible scenarios were set up for next season - the positive test results for 13, Cuddy sleeping by House's bedside (does she care more than we thought?) and, of course, how will Wilson fare (hopefully he won't fall in love with 13!).

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I didn't quite understand why Amber had amantadine poisoning - the following explains it.

Quoted from the House website:
"On the bus, Amber handed House his cane. She sneezed and said she was coming down with the flu. House remembers that Amber reached into her purse for pills and swallowed them down. Wilson is standing at the back of the bus. House says she has amantadine poisoning. The crash destroyed her kidneys and her body can’t filter the drugs. Wilson is hopeful but House knows that dialysis doesn't clear amantadine out of the blood. There is nothing they can do. Wilson is stunned. In his memory, House sees the approaching garbage truck's headlights racing towards the bus. House starts to seize."

Amantadine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amantadine is an anti-viral drug, so Amber was taking it because she was getting the flu and her kidneys were damaged in the crash so they couldn't filter the drugs. Being in the medical profession gives doctors access to drugs that most of us wouldn't be taking. We would just get the flu and put up with it. I thought that all medical personnel got flu shots in any case, although last season's flu vaccine wasn't as effective as usual. (Oh yeah, I forgot, they wanted Amber out of the show!).

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Ah well...the results were as I suspected: Amber dead, and a rift between House and Wilson. Unfortunately, getting there wasn't quite as seedy or imaginative. And, while Wilson may hate House for a while because he will be grief-stricken and irrational, he won't be able to stay there. Sure, if House wasn't being House (getting drunk, using people) she wouldn't have gotten on the bus. But, hey, SHE was the one taking Amantadine and House saved her life by tying off the artery. He also risked his own life to help her at Wilson's request.

Overall, I liked last week's episode a lot better. And with CB now gone I sort of wish they'd just go back to Cameron and Chase as the team. The new team really does nothing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks