What's new

House season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kind of an odd episode, but loved House frakkin' with his team of idiots. Plus House and CTB's fight for Wilson's time/etc. was silly but funny.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I guess someone should start a Season 5 thread.

Just checked with Fox and it's still Season 4 - bloody writer's strike!

Yeah, it was a strange episode - not that funny, maybe they're running out of ideas. Kal Penn is quite annoying and always seems like he's reading his lines off a prompter.

The Wilson custody battle sets up for some fun, I guess, but could get old fairly quickly.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
We don't, although I sort of suspect not.

It looks like the strike gave the writers some time to think about how to use all the characters - there was stuff for teams old and new, Amber, Cuddy, and Wilson this week.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. After all, I never put down a Sherlock Holmes story and said, damn, we didn't see much of Inspector Lestrade or Mrs. Hudson in this one.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Another great episode. "31" and more single-entendre with the lovely 13, the custody battle over Wilson, and another great outfit from Cuddy. House is back! :D

Even House called Cutthroat Bitch, "CB", so I think this matter is officially settled. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

Like Jason said, we don't explicitly know one way or the other. There were one or (two?) episodes at the end of season 1 (before Stacy reappeared) were they dated but there was never any suggestion of a physical relationship, if I recall correctly.

- Walter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Do a google search for "cb house" and you won't find much, but then do a google search on "ctb house" and you find that other fans use "CTB" for Wilson's new squeeze, and House's latest nemesis.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Their website says that they'll put the episodes online 8 days after the airing. They haven't even put last week's up yet, and it's been 9 days. I checked Hulu.com but they haven't put it up yet.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Quoting Patrick:
"Do a google search for "cb house" and you won't find much, but then do a google search on "ctb house" and you find that other fans use "CTB" for Wilson's new squeeze, and House's latest nemesis."

So House is saying it wrong? ;)

cutthroat - Wiktionary

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, who am I to argue with such impeccable authorities as random fans on the internet (most of whom also probably can't keep "their/they're/there" and "your/you're" straight, either) and the authors of slash fiction? House, the show's writers and I are obviously all wrong. I humbly beg forgiveness. :D

Now excuse me, I have to troubleshoot a problem on INE 7. (You know, "InterNet Explorer 7"? Just using the new standard abbreviation for multisyllabic words.)

Regards,

Joe

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

Given that "cutthroat" originally referred to "a person who cuts throats for a living," "CTB" is a perfectly natural abbreviation. It may not be "canon", but as abbreviations go, it's more specific, (and thus more useful) than "CB".

Fluency in any language is best gained with practice. The writing of slash fiction, despite its somewhat lowbrow image, is a good way to develop a working familiarity with written english-- though perhaps my perceptions are biased-- if I come across a example of a poorly written tale, it tends not to hold my attention as firmly and forcefully as fluently flowing fiction.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, I think it should be spelled "cut-throat". Both hyphenated and non-hyphenated are correct according to Dictionary.com. This means that CTB an CB are both correct.

Problem solved. LOL :)

Real Name
Donovan

Unfortunately, being in Canada, we're blocked from watching full episodes on the fox website, and the broadcaster up here, Global, thinks people would rather stream episodes of Survivor and Entertainment Tonight. :rolleyes

Oh well, there's always repeats in the summer. Sigh.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
House decided to call her "cutthroat bitch" (or "cut-throat bitch") so if he also decided to use the abbreviation CB then who are we to argue! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks