What's new

Directors Horror Poster Art Tournament (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It's time for the George Kaplan patented FREAK OUT and smiley face fest

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just the tagline "Can a full grown woman truly love a midget" blows away anything on the alien poster.

People, we're talkin "15 WONDERS OF NATURE" here. If that poster doesn't get you in to see the movie, there's no fucking poster on this planet or any other that would make a person want to see a movie and they should just abolish the concept all together.

SEE TOD BROWNING'S FREAKS this poster cries in a classic poster art style modelled on the Barnum & Bailey circus posters. Does Alien have the balls to say "See Ridley Scott's Aliens?" You bet your ass it doesn't. Am I going to see wonders of nature or a grown woman and a midget? No, I don't think so. All it tells me is "In space, no one can hear you scream". Well no shit sherlock, but why should I see your movie? You've got H.R. Giger doing designs for your movie and this is the best poster you could come up with? An intern probably did this in 15 minutes in between trying to break into the WHOPER to play Intercontinental Thermonuclear War or Theaterwide Chemical & Biological Warfare.

Please send all hate mail to ihatecries&whispers.hotmail.com

Oh yeah,
A Nightmare on Elm Street

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
It's time for the George Kaplan patented FREAK OUT and smiley face fest

Just the tagline "Can a full grown woman truly love a midget" blows away anything on the alien poster.

People, we're talkin "15 WONDERS OF NATURE" here. If that poster doesn't get you in to see the movie, there's no fucking poster on this planet or any other that would make a person want to see a movie and they should just abolish the concept all together.

SEE TOD BROWNING'S FREAKS this poster cries in a classic poster art style modelled on the Barnum & Bailey circus posters. Does Alien have the balls to say "See Ridley Scott's Aliens?" You bet your ass it doesn't. Am I going to see wonders of nature or a grown woman and a midget? No, I don't think so. All it tells me is "In space, no one can hear you scream". Well no shit sherlock, but why should I see your movie? You've got H.R. Giger doing designs for your movie and this is the best poster you could come up with? An intern probably did this in 15 minutes in between trying to break into the WHOPER to play Intercontinental Thermonuclear War or Theaterwide Chemical & Biological Warfare.
Well, I certainly agree. In fact, I wanted FREAKS to win because I think overall it is a better poster (although I also like the one for ALIEN). I could have included my vote, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Actually, I will only include a vote if it happens to make a bit of difference in the outcome of the contest. Otherwise, I see no point in myself voting.

Good point, though, Brook.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Alien. Love Nightmare on Elm Street, but the woman in terror cover just doesn't have the same impact as the hatching alien egg.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
The Freaks poster practically gives away the whole movie. They might as well put the final freak (those of you who have seen it will know what I mean) on there too. The Alien poster is intriguing, makes you want to see what it's all about.

From a strictly design/aesthetic point of view, the Alien poster is nicer looking, too. When it comes to design, my opinion is that simpler almost always equals better (hence my vote for Cabiria over Arabia).

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
--END OF ROUND SIX--

This was a close one! ALIEN beat A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 7-5! I myself would vote, but it wouldn't make a difference in the outcome of this round, so I won't. Stay tuned for the next round, which will be posted shortly. :)

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I'll fix that... when I first posted it I could see it fine, but now it isn't working. I'll find another site to post from. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks