What's new

hooking CD player up to another stereo.... (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, this should be a fairly easy question to answer. I believe the answer is yes but wanted to check here first,

basically the situation is that my equipment space in my HT is limited and I plan on buying another piece of equipment and swapping something out to make room for my new equipment. As it stands now I'd like to swap my 5 disc CD changer out to put the new equipment in. I'm thinking that I'll move the 5 disc changer to my bedroom where I have a cheap Aiwa stereo.

What I'd like to do is hook the CD changer up to the Aiwa stereo through the Aux inputs on the back of the stereo unit. I believe this can be done through red and white RCA jacks, like how my MP3 player hooks up to it already,but I'm not sure. Am I correct in assuming this? can it be done?

I know it won't sound nearly as good on the Aiwa stereo as it does in my HT but I don't really use music in my HT as much as in the bedroom and I have both a DVD player and a X-Box that can do CD's if the need be. What do ya'll think? can it be done? thanks.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
The connection you mentioned is fine. AUX is just an extra input, no different from the others. You are basically limited to how many "red/white" inputs you have on the back of the Aiwa unit. If you run out of inputs, you can go to an A/B switch that can toggle between two components. You cannot, of course, plug a CD, DVD player, or tape unit into an input labeled PHONO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks