What's new

Hook up questions? (1 Viewer)

mrorvis

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
I've just procured a Denon 2800 dvd player and would like to incorperate it into my system but really don't know best way to accomplish this with the separates that I have. I'm running an NAD 216 pwr amp into a Yamaha DSP-E1000 sound processor which I conrol with a Pioneer C-90 pre amp. I understand that my equipment is not new but it is mint and rocks the house in 7 channels with Paradigm sub for good measure. I do not have an HD tv but it's a nice Sony nonetheless...I want surround with dvd movies and I have never incorperated all together. I have a cheap Sony dvd plugged into TV and use tv speakers to listen to soundtracks, it's got to change soon...can anyone assist?

Thanks, Bruce

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Bruce:

Do you plug the outs off the Pioneer into your Yamaha for the surround effects and from the Yamaha into your NAD to power your speakers?

What do you have plugged into the Pioneer now? If you have a regular CD player or VHS deck plugged in your would do the same thing with the Denon. Just plug the audio outs from the Denon into the Pioneer and the video out to your Sony TV.

That should give you surround for your movies that are processed by your Yamaha.

Parker

mrorvis

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce
Parker, thanks, thats what I thought! Love the fact that Yamaha had a killer processor for music and thats what I always used it for but now movies take center stage. The high end audio store I used to frequent has been out of business for awhile so I really didn't have anyone to ask...Best Buy just doesn't cut it :)

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks