What's new
World Wide Stereo

Home Theater Setup for 13 X 12 room (1 Viewer)

kunalrd2000

Auditioning
Real Name
Kunal
I was thinking of ..

2 pairs of Pioneer SP-BS22-LRs, $126.99
Pioneer SP-C22 Center, $79.99
Bic F12 Subwoofer, $199.99 -or- Dayton Sub-1500 Subwoofer, $179

Now question is Polk Vs Pioneer

I was not knowing there are so many options to choose from before i joined this forum :)

728x90

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
I was just giving you some ideas and what I am using.

I'd say most towers are better than bookshelf, in the same price range.

The Polk towers probably aren't as good as the Pioneer towers. I'd say the Polk towers are better than the Pioneer bookshelf.

I'm basing that on the frequency range they have listed in their specs. The Pioneers are 6ohm, while the Polks are 8ohm too. So I guess less power for the book shelf.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It's not just a question of which is better but which sounds better to you. The Polk's will have a brighter sound then the Pioneer's which are a bit softer and warmer.

The Pioneer bookshelves with the BIC F12 subwoofer is a pretty popular combination.

kunalrd2000

Auditioning
Real Name
Kunal
Thank you all..From all suggestions i will either buy Polk towers or Pioneer Bookshelf..What ever comes on sale ...

Looks like both combinations are good..But Thank you all..It was really very informative.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If you are able to do so I would find a place where you can audition the speakers first. I for one like Polk and find them to be a better quality speaker compared to Pioneer. What are the power handling for both and how efficient are they? But again I would still listen to them before buying, but there is no guarantee that they will sound the same when you get them home in the room they will be set up in. Also look at the Denon as well as far as the receiver goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks