What's new

Home Theater Cruise (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
John, port directions can be found here on the Link Removed .
Universal/DisneyWorld are in Orlando, some four hours from Miami by car. If you want to do them, you should set aside 3-4 days before or after the cruise.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
John, ditto what Craig said about Disney. Depending on the amount of your free time/interests Cape Canaveral is a few hours north of Miami, as well. If you want to stay in Miami I suggest you look into South Beach - it is unique.
I believe RCCL has a hotel next to the port; you also may want to look into RCCL's fly and cruise program where you pay them the extra air fare and they will arrange your flights and transportation to/from the airport. I believe the airfare you pay to RCCL will be pretty comparable to what you would otherwise pay.
------------------

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I'm giving some thought about going on this trip. As long as I don't have to share a bed with somebody I hardly know, I might be game for this trip.
Jon

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
David, I have just confirmed our reservations with Cherie. I booked under my HTF name. I've created an AVS account also called "Craig S". My roomie, John S, has a new AVS account call "John Steffens". Can you give us both access to the cruise area?? Thanks!!
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thanks for the directions Craig.
I'm getting a 16day paid vacation, so I'm looking at staying at Orlando during Halloween weekend, to go to Universal and Disneyworld.
I'll fly to Miami Saturday afternoon. Staying at a hotel one night.
If I recall, isn't Planet Hollywood near by Miami port??
That would be a great place for a welcome cruise dinner!!
But hey, we still have 14 months to go, so we got some time.
But, I think that would be cool!
Plus, I went to www.expedia.com to get some online maps, of the miami port, planet hollywood, hotels around, and other such things.
If your planning your vacation, go there, as their maps are quite detailed!
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 05, 2001 at 09:15 PM]

David Bott

Agent
Good news....Just wanted to let you all know that Sim2 Seleco and Stewert Film Screens has signed on as sponsors of the HT Cruise! They will be helping us promote the event so watch for good press and other things to happen for this event.
I would also like to say we not have a website setup for the cruise...Link Removed with all kinds of information on the event.
Thanks All....See you on board!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I had booked through the web site - but somehow my message was lost. Well, as you can see I found out about that in time, so I contacted Cherie. Happy to say, Josephine and I are now definitely booked for the trip (received the written confirmation + big fat booklet today!).
Wow, that ship is so big - there's even a full-blown mall, looking like the ones you find everywhere all over the US now. I wonder if there's a Macy's next to it, however.
But there's much more - I do hope this is going to be a quiet and relaxing week after all ;).
Look forward to meeting you all!
Cees

David Bott

Agent
Yes Cees...Welcome aboard. :) Cherie could not believe the trip you will be taking. What a flight to say the least.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think that my wife and I (& possibly one other) will be booking this cruise real soon! :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm in the military (Air Force) and I'm somewhat concerned about losing 50% of the total - per passenger, if something were to happen (between 29-8 days prior to sailing) that I wouldn't be able to attend. I'm pretty sure everyhting will be okay - it's just you never actually know until they tell you! aaaahhh, the military life!
Any chance they have a military clause in the cruise contract? (I could provide orders, etc - if need be) This would be a nice option - Like I said - I'm fairly certain that both myself and my wife would be able to attend, I just don't like losing $$$ because I'm in the military. :frowning:
Should I contact somebody in particular to inquire about this.......
thanks for any guidance...

David Bott

Agent
Hi...

Call Anchors Away and ask about Trip Insurance. I am not sure if that will cover for military action, but then again I have never asked. It is the only thing I can think of.

You had mentioned "(& possibly one other) ". Please be aware that the cabins are based on Double Occupancy. Not sure if this other person would have a travel companion or would be in your cabin, but just wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

Hope you can attend.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the information David - I will give them a call as soon as I can. I forgot all about trip Insurance - thanks for reminding me of this (possible) option.

Oh, and the other person I mentioned is a co-worker with my wife - and would probably be traveling alone (if she decides to go) - however, she will probably just room with us (3rd or 4th person in cabin is only + $300 pp) - and then we would all 3 split the cost of the cabin. On my small military pay - this would be a nice added bonus!

Mike

David Bott

Agent
Was asked on our site in the HT Cruise Members area about shore trips that are nice...Well, here was my answer.
Well by the time we get that the November HT Cruise it will our 9th cruise. Of course we have been to each place at least once that we will be going on the Nov trip. So...let me see if I can shed a little light on shore excursions.
1) SHOPPING!!! It is the #1 thing that is one at any of the ports of call. Trust me on this...your wife will want to shop. :D
2) When in Ocho Rios, Jamaica don't miss a trip to Dunn's River Falls. It is a waterfall that you climb to the top of. HINT...Take a cab to the fall right when you get off the ship. If you take one of the tours that stop at the falls, you will be with a LARGE crowd of people. Taking a cab right their usually gets you right in. This is also a very nice horse back trip on the beach you can take.
3) When we are in Georgetown, Grand Cayman DO NOT MISS the Stingray City Snorkeling tour. It is just incredible! Hundreds of stingrays all around you! You can even feed them if you want to take the chance at getting a really bad hickey. You see, stingrays suck their food in. I will be on this trip, so please feel free to join me.
4) In Labadee, Hispaniola this is a private area for RCCL passengers only. It is just a beautiful place and you may want to consider taking a JetSki trip for some fun. But also, you need to take the banana boat ride.
5) Cozumel, Mexico is the place for some great Snorkeling or the new fad...Snuba. A cross between Scuba and snorkeling.
More more information on the shore packages, you can visit the itinerary page of the HT Cruise website... Link Removed . Use the last link at the bottom of the page "SHORE EXCURSIONS Info & Pre Booking". Note, I recommend PRE BOOKING any of the trips you wish to take. You will not be able to to this however until you receive your Cruise Reservation number which you do not get until paid in full I believe. NOTE...You will also need to pre-book BEFORE 10 days of the sailing. If you do not, you will need to do it on the ship with the other 3000 passengers. (see my point to pre-booking?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks