What's new

HK 525 VS Marantz 7300 VS Denon 3802 VS Yamaha 2300 (1 Viewer)

Kiet

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Just wondering which receiver will people choose. They all at the same price. I ended choosing the HK 525. But I just want to know if you were in my position what receiver will you choose. 50% Movie and 50% music. Which one do you think gives the best performance??
It will be interesting to know..

HK 525
Marantz 7300
Yamaha 2300
Denon 3802
Pioneer 1011D
Onkyo SR701

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 7300 is better than the 3802, no question. At the time, I chose the 6200 over the 3802 because it sounded better with music. The 520 was a fine piece of gear, so I'd expect the 525 to be a very good choice as well. I have never been a fan of Yamaha's sound, but I haven't heard the 2300, so I can't comment on it.

Kiet

Stunt Coordinator
why do people choose HK over all the other good brands??
Is it because of the sound quality, feature??
It seems like the HK is cheapest receiver in the group in USA.
I personally heard all of them, and think the HK is the best sound. But the problem is I auditioned them in different shop and they tested it with speakers.
So I can't really compare it.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well HK right now introducted there new x30 models for this year so they are phasing out there older models which is one reason for the cheap price and a good reason to buy now.

HK also includes alot of top-notch componenets in there systems one reason they are usually a tad more expensive than some other recievers.

HK also has a very nice sound quality which is just a bit warm and makes things sound very nice in both music and movies I think.

Also, HK rates there amplifiers a little better than other companies by actually under-rating them a bit, but with the 525 no notice will even be detected and at the recievers you are looking at there is no big difference in power.

I haven't been able to find a speaker system that HK hasn't matched up well with yet... They are lovely units though. Very nice looking, tech support is good, and they stand behind there product when there is a problem.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks