What's new

Help with Panasonic DMR-E85H (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit
This is sort of a complex question - I hope someone can help me. I've had my DMR-E85H for about eight months, and recently I've had a problem dubbing from the HD onto DVD-R. When using certain brands of blank DVD-R (Fuji and TDK), trying to record anything at all onto the disc (even just writing the disc name) causes the unit to go into "self test" mode and then shut down. However, using "brand X" blank discs poses no problem.

I thought I had figured it out when I realized that some of the discs that were giving me this problem were 8X speed discs - because the discs I had successfully made were only 4X. However, it turns out the TDKs that were giving me a problem are also 4X, so that's that theory shot down.

This is driving me to distraction - can anybody help??

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I haven't run into this problem. However, when I come home from work sometimes, the display reads "U99". If I turn the machine off, then on again, it self corrects. I assume it has to do with a power flux or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks