What's new

HELP !!! Windows 10 and new Toshiba laptop... (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Three month old Toshiba laptop, Windows 10 pre-installed.

Very sensitive keyboard and I breathed on it the wrong way. Everything shifted 90 degrees counterclockwise, so the display is in portrait mode, but have to turn the laptop on it's side to read anything. What did I do and how do I fix it? Reboot/power down doesn't help, I'm stuck.

Thanks

Stan

Senior HTF Member
For anybody else who may bump into this problem, Control/Alt and play with the arrow keys, finally normal again. What an incredibly annoying feature, who wants to look at their screen sideways. Couldn't even use my touchpad, had to dig up a mouse to maneuver around as I searched for a solution.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, we sometimes do this as a prank in the office if someone walks away from their workstation without locking the desktop. :P

Some large monitors can be rotated to view documents full-size in portrait mode. I presume this is why the "feature" exists.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Yep, we sometimes do this as a prank in the office if someone walks away from their workstation without locking the desktop. :P

Some large monitors can be rotated to view documents full-size in portrait mode. I presume this is why the "feature" exists.

Evil :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks