What's new

Help: Where to put surrounds on bedroom with limited space (1 Viewer)

joms

Auditioning
Real Name
joms
Hi,

I am installing atmos speakers soon turning my 5.1 to a 5.1.4 system. Due to this, the rear atmos speakers will be very near my surrounds.

In this regard, I have 3 options:

1) Retain the surrounds where they are.

2) Move my surround speakers to the sides (location A). If this is the choice, is it a good idea to to retain my Mission M7DS (bipole) or change it to a monopole surround like the SVS elevation or KEF Q50a which points downwards.

3) Move my surround speakers lower (location B) although by doing this, there would only be about 2 feet distance between the surrounds and the MLP. (speaker easily localized?)

Rest of my system:

Room = small masters bedroom (14ft x 11ft with 9ft height)
Amp = Denon X4500h
Speakers = Kef Q350
Center = Kef Q650c
Rear = Mission M7DS
Ceiling = 4x Klipsch 6" in-ceiling speakers
Subs = 1x SVS PC13-Ultra
TV = Samsung 78"

note1: If I will move the surround to the sides, the distance of the speaker from the ceiling is only 10 inches and 9 inches from the rear wall
note2: If I will move the surround to the sides, the distance of the speaker from the MLP is approx 8 feet
(sorry for the picture, i can't get a full pic of the room so i just stitched it up quickly with photoshop)

ZhDXSkO.jpg

yOjbqDg.jpg

h6rKuvS.jpg

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’d go with monopoles at position A. I know it’s not good to have high rear speakers with Atmos, but the B position is simply dreadful.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

joms

Auditioning
Real Name
joms
I’d go with monopoles at position A. I know it’s not good to have high rear speakers with Atmos, but the B position is simply dreadful

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i kinda know that location B is somewhat dreadful as its very near the listening position but I guess i just have to make do with what I have. Have to choose between 2 lesser evils... =)

I'm also kind of leaning towards location A for now....

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wayne's right, as usual. Don't even consider B. Eliminate it from your options and pretend it never existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks