What's new

Help selecting Bose surround speakers (1 Viewer)

Cobrajetken

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken testa
I recently purchased a Bose Sound Bar 700 and I’m trying to decide on which surround speakers to buy to compliment it. I have been reading up on this and it has left me totally confused. The system is going in my family room which is 24’ deep by 12’ wide. The 60” TV is in front with the sound bar. The speakers will be mounted at ceiling height behind TV viewers. I can’t decide if I should buy the $299 cube speakers or the $499 newer series 700 Omni directional surround speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to do it right the first time this time. Ken

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I recently purchased a Bose Sound Bar 700 and I’m trying to decide on which surround speakers to buy to compliment it. I have been reading up on this and it has left me totally confused. The system is going in my family room which is 24’ deep by 12’ wide. The 60” TV is in front with the sound bar. The speakers will be mounted at ceiling height behind TV viewers. I can’t decide if I should buy the $299 cube speakers or the $499 newer series 700 Omni directional surround speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to do it right the first time this time. Ken
Ken,

The unfortunate and unvarnished truth is that most Bose speakers are a bit of a rip off and sound worse than their price. They are generally one of the worst products on the market. I would steer you to another brand entirely and save you some money in the process.

What size speakers would you be comfortable with? Do they need to be on-wall, or is a stand mounted bookshelf OK too?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks