What's new
World Wide Stereo

help... new cement floor (1 Viewer)

Scott Andrew

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so I used to live on the top floor of a triplex. My sub is a HSU VTF-3 MK3and the room was about 13ft X 13ft with standard 8 ft ceilings (1352 cubic ft)and it pounded the crap out of my place now i just bought a condo and I live on the ground floor which is hardwood over cement. The new room is 9ft x 17ft with 9 ft ceilings (1377cubic ft), however I can barely hear the sub now. I've tried tuning it again but it's still nothing compared to what it was before... is this because of the cement flooring?

728x90

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You should still be able to shake your bones, but that floor isn't going to move, unless you live in California, so it just won't be the same. You could get some bass shakers for the seating

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Pretty hard to tell anything for certain with the information you gave us, Scott. It could be a lot of things, like the difference in its placement relative to the seating. It could also be an equalization problem, where you have it located, or maybe it just needs to be turned up.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks