What's new

Help! missing dvd's in Stargate season 10! (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Imagine my rage when I opened the stargate season 10 I bought when on vacation, to find that the first volume, supposed to contain disc 1 and 2 of 5 were...not there!!! like what the hell! I bought it when I was on a trip to NYC just after christmas. I got it from FYE (or is it FYI?...sorry I'm canadian)
isn't that a reputable store like a best buy or something!?!? this is rediculous!
I'm so ticked off...and I don't even know what to do about it...it's not like I can take it back to new york...and I distinctly remember saying to myself, probably out loud, "Guess I won't need this receipt cause I'm not gonna be returning it"

so. Is there anything I can do about this? will the studio help me? I don't even know who makes stargate...or who to contact. the case says both MGM and Fox on it...I don't even know who's fault it is. I mean it came all plastic wrapped like it always does, from FYE, so there's a chance it's the manufacturer that effed up in the first place, I'd imagine. And we don't even have FYI here in canada as far as I know...atleast not in my town. I don't have their receipt anyways.
will the studio help me in replacing this do you think? anyone know who would be the person/department to get in contact with?
thanks so much!
-Pete

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
if it's recent, try taking it back to the retailer and explain the situation. Usually, the store will offer an exchange. I know I had the same problem with Target a while back and they exchanged it for another copy.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Try writing: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment/Consumer Service
P.O.Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA. 90213-0900

Or try this number: 1-(877) 541-2229. I found this Fox number at their website. It was listed for a 2006 DVD recall of a Shirley Temple DVD premium toy. If the number is still live, they should be able to help you,or give you another number to call.

The small companies are better with returns and easier to contact. I was missing a Disc from Mill Creek's 150 episode Western Classics set and contacted them by e-mail. They answered my email in 10 minutes! Four days later I received the missing disc plus their recent Jack Benny and Ozzie and Harriet releases free, for my trouble.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Can't help, but I was missing a disc from Stargate Season 6. Also brand new. I think it's Fox, and I bet they'll get you your missing discs.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
thanks guys! i gave em an email. I'll call their asses if they don't get back to me :D

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't expect an immediate response. Mostly, it takes an average of two weeks or more for them to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks