What's new

Help me name this horror film. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I know that Wes Ray would be able to answer this...
This slasher film came out about 10 or so years ago I guess (not really sure though), it had a bunch of teens who all go to their friends beach house, and one of the kid's father starts killing them all one by one in pretty gross ways, and if memory serves all the killings take place in the basement of the beach house.
The one killing that stands out the most, the killer takes a huge galffing hook and sticks it up a girls vagina until it comes through her stomach, then decapitates her. The cops finally show up, and the killer hacks off one of the cops legs. Earlier in the film, another guy is also decapitated on the beach. This killing stands out because after the head comes off, the guys body still stands upright for a second before falling to the ground.
It's driving me insane trying to think of the name of this really good, if not sick, horror film! Wes, help me out here dude! :)
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 24, 2001 at 11:59 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 25, 2001 at 12:11 AM]

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Don't know the name, but it sounds like a charming film.
wink.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
hmmm. I've never seen it, but it sounds like the kind of things I've read about Mario Bava's Bay of Blood. It's also been released on DVD as Twitch of the Death Nerve. Does it look really old? This film, I've heard, is very similar to Friday the 13th but it predates it by many years. If that's the movie i'm thinking of (which I haven't seen) then it's Bay of Blood A.K.A Twitch of the Death Nerve. Let me know if that rings a bell.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Bay of Blood and Twitch of the Death Nerve, hmmmm, those titles don't ring a bell Wes. Thinking about it more though, this film looks like it was made in the eighties sometime, it's got the same look as the original Friday the 13th in terms of image quality, and the gore effects are really convincing.
------------------
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 25, 2001 at 12:27 AM]

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
It's not twitch of the death nerve. :) And honestly, it sounds so familiar, but I just can't place it. Bah. They seem to run together a bit after a time. Death nerve was fantastic though if you have a joy of horror films and want to see how most people feel slashers got started.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I had forgotten about The Mutillator. Actually, I've not seen it, I don't think. That looks like the movie you've described though.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
THAT'S IT!! as soon as I followed the link above, I recognized it immediatly! Thank's everyone. Now, is it on dvd?
------------------

Will K

Screenwriter
I just watched The Mutilator for the first time in 15 years last night. There's some pretty great gore in this one, but damn it's cheesy and the acting is horrendous. God, I love slasher movies.
[Edited last by Will K on August 25, 2001 at 06:56 PM]

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, The Mutilator....I had forgotten all about this so-so horror movie. Yes, plenty of blood/gore and I'll agree kinda cheesy, but if someone like Anchor Bay were to release it, I would buy it.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If I'm not mistaken, this one also goes under the title Fall Break. At least that was the title in a Fanoria article I read oh so many years ago.
Bizarre that I'd remember something so pointless and trivial. This one is a fun gore flick!
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29
[Edited last by Scott Weinberg on August 27, 2001 at 12:44 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I used to be a rabid Fangoria reader back in the 80's early 90's, until the issues got so damn expensive, what is it like 8 bucks now?
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks