What's new

Help: Amazon.com's server error caused double charge to my bank account! (1 Viewer)

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
I am charged twice for the order. It was like: the order went to Shipping Soon process and I added a title to the order but with the additional titles to the order (as Star Wars still not yet released), Share The Love discount was not applied to some of the title. God knows why. So I cancelled the title that I added to the order and the whole order went to "Open Order" after I cancelled the title.

So I enquired them last night via email. I sent emails regarding this. I had not received any emails so I went to sleep as it was really late. And I woke up this morning, to my horror, I was charged twice when I logged into my bank account. I knew the order went to "shipping soon" process again.

I called up the bank and said they are unable to do anything as they have already transmitted the amount to the Amazon.com's processing bank. and I can obtain a dispute form once the merchant (amazon.com) collected the money from the bank.

Can anyone advise on the matter?
Thank you.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
If you give customer service a chance they are usually very helpful at Amazon. Also be careful with any orders that have a STL discount because many people are losing the discounts after the order goes into the shipping phase.

Manendra

Stunt Coordinator
As another poster said, Amazon Customer Service is VERY good. They may take a few hours (usually less than 24) to respond. I'm sure they'll settle your dispute without any disadvantages to you.

Good Luck.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Be advised though, Monday is a holiday, so you may see nothing get done until the end of Tuesday (midnight there), when the banks process all of the day's changes.

I'd only freak if it was going to make another check bounce. Now that would suck!

Glenn

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you the replies. Appreciated that.

I made a call to Amazon.com a few hours ago as some of the posters have had suggested. I was assisted by a nice and friendly lady who served me well over the phone. I was told that the amount of money that was double charged would only be returned by the bank a few days later because Amazon.com has not really authorized the transaction. I don't really know how this works but, well, I can do nothing but to wait for the money to get back to me. It has been rough hours for me despite the worries and agony.

Also, about the Share The Love, it's done in less than 30 seconds by the lady. Actually, the long distance call is worth it because the service is top notch.

Kudos, Amazon.com

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Amazon's support via email is also very good. I've encountered two recent orders where my STL discount was not applied. Amazon took care of them both very promptly -- within 24 hours -- without me ever making a phone call. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks