What's new

HDTVs (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone! This is more of a curiousity question, but I am looking to buy an HDTV in the future. The question is, what is the best available HDTVs in the low, mid and high price ranges and why? Thanks all!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
David,

Check the TV and Projectors forum. You'll have better luck there.

I have a Toshiba HD set (65", 16:9) and love it. Highly recommended. Pricing starts at about $2000 and goes up from there.

Lee_B

Auditioning
I have been looking at the Toshiba 50H81( 50" WIDESCREEN) and the Pioneer 533HD5( 53"widescreen) both available at Best Buy. I leaning more towards the Pioneer.

Lee

Alan K

Agent
I agree with the other posts. Look towards Toshiba, Pioneer, and also Sony, if you can get a good price. Only because they seem to have the best line doublers. (Doublers-is that even a word?)

Bob Sison

Grip
Forget about the Sony in RPTV's. Like you I had a hard time choosing between Toshiba (the 50HX81 not H) and the 533HD. Two things made me go for Toshiba. First, I was content with a 50". Pioneer had a 53" so the price was higher. My sister, audio/videophile and a Toshiba RPTV user, voted for the Toshiba, just because she was not really familiar with the Pioneer.

I would say they are even.

Ron Schildt

Agent
I was looking at both the 55" Mitsubishi or the 53" Pioneer HD5. I have a certain space that only these two sets fit into unless I go down to a

Dang, no wonder, I've had direct links to the HT Software and Hardware forum forever, I didn't even know there was a designated HDTV area. Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks