What's new

HD-(X)A1 Firmware Update now available on Toshiba website. Now version 2.4!!! (1 Viewer)

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I have the same lip sync problem with Constantine and Phantom. Let us know if reloading the upgrade changes anything.
Thanks

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
No change with the reload. But, I don't have the sync problem with Phantom, only Constantine.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i tried pause for a second and it seems to get rid of the delay.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just read a post over at AVS from a person who recently spoke to Toshiba, seems firmware 2.1 is in the works and will be out in the next week or so to fix issues from 2.0. That's all that was posted. I plan to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Well, my 2.0 disc arrived this morning and I reupdated my HD-A1 with the official version. I wonder how long it'll take for the 2.1 to show.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for my disc. :angry: I had assumed that since I received the e-mail that I was in their system. However, it appears that this reasonable assumption is not one those who are still awaiting this firmware update should make. I called Toshiba this morning, and they could not find me in their system. The CSR was very helpful in adding me to the system, and she indicated that the disc would be sent out today and to me in about 7-10 business days.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Well, apparently calling Toshiba to let them know my firmware update hadn't arrived was the correct thing to do; as it showed up yesterday mere two days after I called.

I applied the update last night, and everything went smoothly. I have yet to play anything on the player since, although I hope to this weekend.

If the lip-syncing problems are only related to TrueHD tracks, I'm afraid I won't be of much help reporting my findings in that area, as I won't any HD DVDs with them until Batman Begins arrives.

Finally, I think I will be calling to confirm that my firmware updates have shipped much earlier in the future, especially since 2.1 is rumored to be coming shortly.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Since I've installed 2.0, I've watched TROY, TERMINATOR 3 and SEABISCUIT in their entirety, and large chunks of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, CONSTANTINE, TRAINING DAY and THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD. I haven't had one glitch or skip. Sound on the TrueHD software is incredible.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Just updated my Tosh (own it 2 days now) to 2.0 through the internet.

It arrived with version 1.4 (:emoji_thumbsup: ), and although I'm aware of the fact that 2.1 may be near, I decided to perform an update just to be sure that (and how) it works.
I didn't think I should try and get the upgrade disc from overseas.

It was a breeze.
I had all internet settings set to DHCP, etc. and made sure (from another PC) that the player had received a legal IP-address on my LAN.

Then the update started (I chose Saturday morning, because then my son wouldn't be playing his interactive games: I wanted the connection as "clean" and "empty" as could be) and took slightly over 30 minutes in total (my honest estimate, it felt longer :) ).

On my 480i TV, the "licence agreement" was unreadable and I had to select "YES' (I guess it was :) ) blindly, because it was just at the lower edge of the screen and unreadable too.

Then the update starts, and there's absolutely nothing more you need to do - or should do. What makes you nervous is the knowledge that it shouldn't be interrupted and then for a few minutes nothing seems to happen. The progress indicator is flashing, but stays at "0%" for three minutes or more, before it switches to "10%". Then you finally know something is being transferred. (I would have preferred to see a "1%" almost right away, when the machine "realizes" it's really downloading content, or else a change in the display, saying so.)

After reaching "65%" it went faster, I believe: suddenly the machine switches to standby (here I would have preferred it to display a clear message until I acknowledged it, but I understand why they do it like this).

When I switched it on again, it had Version 2.0. Great!
And very simple, actually.

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Cees,

I had the same experience when upgrading my XA1. I think it took between 20 and 30 min, but I would have liked more feed back from the player. Other than this, the internet based install went flawlessly.

As I had not watched any films prior to the upgrade I can not tell what it improved, but I have now completed viewing of 17 films with nary a problem. Have fun with your player.

Thomas Eisenmann

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
The Version 2.0 update discs must now be back in stock. I finally ordered mine today and they said it would arrive within 7-10 days.

Sabu-Agu

Agent
Real Name
Franklin
Just called Toshiba right now and supposedly will take between 3-5 business days to receive the 2.0 version. I thought it could be downloaded to your computer, then burned into a CD and finally into the player - I guess not :angry:

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
You can either download direct to the player or download a version via rapidshare and burn to cd....

I downloaded from rapidshare, burned and installed with zero issues...

Dugger

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Chris -- quick question.

If I download the v2.0 from rapidshare -- all I have to do is burn that file to a CD, right? And then insert it into the player and it automatically installs?

I just want to make sure there are no intermediate steps I might miss.

The file I've downloaded is "Toshiba_HD-A1_HD-XA1_v2point0_OFFICIAL_RELEASE.iso".

Thanks for your help...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks