What's new

HD-(X)A1 Firmware Update now available on Toshiba website. Now version 2.4!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave>h

Second Unit
Forgive the tardiness of this reply but does anyone with 2.3 know if Tosh resolved the DVI issues with Samsung dlp's?

I had a problem with the HUD for Transformers. Wondering if 2.3 might fix this. I don't have hi speed internet so would need to wait for a disk anyway.

Anyone heard if there is another firmware update coming at all?

Thanks, Dave

Craig730iL

Grip
Real Name
Craig
Regarding this player, how have people found it? I am going to get a HD DVD player due to the number of title on HD DVD which I cant get on Blu Ray. I have been very happy with my Panasonic Blu ray player, but have no experience with HD players and need some advise.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Craig,

You're in the right subforum (not in the right thread - this one is about the firmware upgrades :) ) to ask any question you want about HD DVD players.

If more experienced owners know the answer, they will be only happy to tell you.

Fire away, either using a thread about the subject you want to ask, or start a new thread freely!

This is exactly what this forum is for.
Good luck with your new addition. :)

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dave,

It was specifically said in the description of the update that problems with the DVI connection were solved. Here and there testimonies of members of this and a few other forums have confirmed that.

I'm not totally sure if the one you're referring to is one of those, but chances are it is!

Cees

Dave>h

Second Unit
Cees,

Thanks for the info, I have 2.3 on order now and will let you know if it solves the problem with 2.2 I encountered. I hope so!

Guess I will then have to get myself a high speed internet connection to take advantage of all the new internet interactive types things you can do!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dave,

You're welcome!

Yes, an internet connection is the fastest solution to uopgrading the firmware.

BTW, here's some info from Toshiba's site, about V2.3:

Cees

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Toshiba just sent me version 2.4. I haven't installed it yet and don't know what it adds or what problems it addresses if any. The only issue I am aware of is the fact it freezes anytime I switch away from the HDMI input on my switcher to check a score or other reason. Otherwise my HD-A1 continues to work fine, clunky operation and all.

Chris

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
My Toshiba AC3 says in the menu that my installed update is 1.1/1.1
??

Is that right? So in the mean time I have downloaded and saved in a folder in my XP PC the firmware update today that reads HD-A3-1.3.ISO and is 38.6 MB in size.

I am going to burn this to a CDR and then place the disc in the tray of my Player and follow the on screen maintenance of the player's menu and install this update rather than over the Net directly to the player in another room.

Should I chicken out at this point as the player works fine and I have had no error messages during playback of (mostly) regular Dvds ...

Comments??

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I tried to download and burn the 2.4 firmware update but I kept getting a "Cannot burn to disc" error after a few minutes. After 3 tries on 3 CD-Rs I just called and ordered the upgrade. I've never had this problem before on either the Toshiba HD A1 updates or the Samsung BDP-1000 updates I've burned in the past.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so i got 2.4 in the mail yesterday.
installed it today.

so, what does it do?

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
It tells in in TEXT to immediately run don't walk to the nearest pawn shop and trade in your extinct soon to be defunct Toshiba HD player and then buy a Blu-Ray from Sony...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
seriously though, i've had a ps3 60g for over a year now.

:P

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so is this it for updates?

i tried to get into the update area but it cant even find it.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
..and Toshiba A3 would be seperate from this update?? It must be, as I have no troubles with my player and don't believe I would ever need an update, unless it is to play back Blu-ray down the road.. ' ?? LOL
Now that is what I would call an excellant firmware update..

:)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hd dvd palyback has ceased on my x a1.
i get a "not play" message when inserting hd dvds now.

does play sd dvd though.

so what happens to an odsolete player when it cant be fixed under warrranty?

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius

So who says Toshiba won't be honoring their warranty committments for a player still under Warranty??

As far I Know Toshiba has not backed away from any of their committments and that also includes the 5 disc free giveaway program.

The only companys who have backed away from the 'so called committments' are the other big three film studio companies... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks