What's new

HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
What is Sansa's deal? Why stick around? She (deservedly so) hates all the Lannisters, especially Joffrey.
Because as much as she hates the Lannisters, she fears them even more. The show has consistently shown that Sansa's private and public feelings are diametrically opposed and that she realizes her survival depends upon her allegiance to Joffrey despite her true feelings. Any attempt at escape that she makes had better succeed or the consequences will be dire.
- Walter.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Some additional thoughts about last night:
  • Tyrion getting screwed out of glory. Fucked up? Yes. Surprising? Nope. What Varys was telling him about how everyone will remember who actually won that battle is gonna play heavy next season. At this point, except for Tywin, he's the one Lannister who commands any sort of real respect. Looking forward to seeing how that plays.
  • Joffrey's seriously gonna stop fucking Margaery Tyrell to keep a 15-year-old virgin on standby? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT KID? I'm looking forward to Cersei getting a load of that chick.
  • Brienne shoved a sword from a dude's dick to his neck, and took her time. I think I'm in love. And Jaime was impressed. He'll never admit it, but he was impressed.
  • Dragonfire is very interesting in this universe. Dany played her big card, and nothing happens but this little puff of smoke. Which makes Pree think, "Oh, is that all you've got? Obviously these dragons aren't big enough to do any OH GOD I'M ON FIRE" Classic villainous hubris.
  • As staunchly as I am on Team Tyrion, I did get a hard chuckle at Pycelle's smug little, "For your trouble" coin-toss. It had me thinking on all the fantastic senior-citizen actors on the show, and how strongly (and flat-out selfishly, more than I care to admit) I hope the show doesn't run into a Mortality Problem™ any more than they may run into a Walt Problem™ with the great child actors.
Carice Van Houten said in an interview that she threw Davos in jail in the finale, so I guess they cut that scene. I'm also unsure of how they could have even fit that into the finale, when Davos was last seen being blown off his ship and into the water. Then you would need scenes of him floating in the wreckage, being rescued, plotting to kill Melisandre on his return, etc.
295 more days 'till Winter.
Fuck True Blood -- time to scrap that show, give the budget to Game of Thrones, and have 22-episode seasons. I kid, of course, but only barely.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great season finale, and a great season overall. There's an awful lot of moving parts and a lot to keep up with. And did I miss something? When did Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell come to Joffrey's aid? That was an interesting turn of events I didn't see.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
When Tywin arrived to save the day, he arrived with the Tyrells and their bannermen. It's part of what gave the Lannister's numbers, and is why they're deeply indebted.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...So what's the holdup on the "Tywin's-Horse-Shits-in-Close-Up" .GIF? I thought that'd be the #1 conversation-ender on the Internet by now.
Game of Thrones-style house-sigils for other TV shows:
f4ee87c5_350x266px-LL-951d73b6_sgn4nk.jpeg

341b0f57_350x266px-LL-791d8ddc_xbxq0z.jpeg

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I rewatched Season 2 and after the death of Renly, the Tyrells if I recall get Littlefinger to go to Lannister to negotiate with him.
I remember Margaery saying she doesn't want to be A queen she wants to the THE queen.
That was way back in Episode 4 or 5 and you also see in a later episode Littlefinger negotiating with Tywin when Arya is serving them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks