What's new

Harry Potter Problem?? (1 Viewer)

Mike~C

Auditioning
i dont know if this is the right area or not...

Im wondering if you could help me out, Im trying to decide if ive got a problem with my dvd player or if Im just being anal about curtain movies. So can you tell if there is any glitches in the movie HP at about chapter 20 3:19-3:22. On my player in this chapter and others, like the scene at the end when Harry looks at the photo album right when the image moves my player has trouble. Could this be an old player about 5 years now or could there be a problem with my player?

please respond and thank you mike

Mike~C

Auditioning
it sort of flickers for a second..could it be an old player or maybe it needs clean , or should i just not worry

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If it's a problem with just that disc, I wouldn't worry. I just watched it (not impressed) and I had no problems. I'll try it in my other players and see if there is a problem. If this is a rented disc, ALWAYS check for fingerprints first...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Pan & Scan or Widescreen? What DVD player?

I had no problems on my 1st generation Panasonic. My others are Sonys. No problems. Sounds like a compatibility issue with your player.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yaknow, after I had reorganized my entertainment center, my player had a flicker to it as well. It turned out, one of my component cables was loose. The flickering did seem to come and go. Have you checked your connections?

Mike~C

Auditioning
its the widescreen version and its a sony dvps500d player, and it appears to happen in the same spot several times...

and yes ive checked all the connections too

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I would exchange the disc if it happens in the same spot every time. If the new disc does it, then you know it is your player.

-Dean-

Kyle W

Grip
I had a similar problem watching Harry Potter last night on my 3-day-old Zenith DVB216.
The movie froze on the last scene on track 19 (troll laying on the ground) and after about 10 seconds of the player searching around, picked up on track 22. I couldn't even manually search back to place where it left off, so I missed the entire Quittich (sp?) match and the disappearing robe. Going directly to track 20 caused the player to restart to the DVD altogether.:frowning:
Must be a glitch on some DVDs, I'm taking it back to CC for a replacement.
Kyle

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If I recall, the layer change is during the troll scene, so perhaps your player is having a problem with layer changes? Do other disks change layers OK?

I noticed no problems with my WS HP.

Kyle W

Grip
Malcolm:

You were right. I called Zenith and they confirmed that their technicians are "aware of the problem", and are working on a fix. They are going to mail me a DVD with a software patch as soon as it's available.

I guess I could take the player back and get a better more expensive one, but this one has a beautiful picture, and the unit itself is very sleek, so I may just see if I get the fix DVD in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up! That's what I get for buying a brand new model.

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks