What's new

Hank 1965 nbc sitcom has been cleared for release! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Sales of this set were abysmal and certainly sure to discourage Warner or anyone else from releasing such obscure shows.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Yeah, I bought it because I have vague memories of watching it on Friday nights growing up. In b&w. I watched all the episodes on the DVD. It's bright, colorful, has cheery music and a theme song by Johnny Mercer. The cast is upbeat. The show, though, is not that funny. The premise wears out pretty fast. It has it's moments, but not enough. I'm very glad I have it for the episode with guest star Maury Wills from the L.A. Dodgers. Various Dodgers (and Vin Scully) appeared in TV series when they came to town. Maury Wills played banjo and was in some sketches on a Hollywood Palace episode. Sandy Koufax was on Dennis the Menace. Others were on The Joey Bishop Show (two episodes), Mister Ed and The Beverly Hillbillies. Probably others.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The 1965-66 television season so any program that debuted as late as the spring of 66 is part of that. After five years, I can't recall if the list of 65-66 releases is still at 45 (adding Hank and Dr. Kildare to that list) though there wasn't much room for more additions. Top on the list of unreleased titles for that year for me that I had hopes for release were the final season of "Burke's Law" in it's "Amos Burke" revamp and "Please Don't Eat The Daisies," S1. The final season of "The Donna Reed Show" I knew was never going to make it given the legal problems that keep the final three seasons from ever being released.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The 1965-66 television season so any program that debuted as late as the spring of 66 is part of that. Top on the list of unreleased titles for that year for me that I had hopes for release were the final season of "Burke's Law" in it's "Amos Burke" revamp and "Please Don't Eat The Daisies," S1.

I agree, I'd like to see those released on DVD also. Season 2 of Burke's Law, the Amos Burke half season, and both seasons of Please Don't Eat The Daisies but I don't know if there's still hope for them or not.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I bought it because I have vague memories of watching it on Friday nights growing up. In b&w. I watched all the episodes on the DVD. It's bright, colorful, has cheery music and a theme song by Johnny Mercer. The cast is upbeat. The show, though, is not that funny. The premise wears out pretty fast. It has it's moments, but not enough. I'm very glad I have it for the episode with guest star Maury Wills from the L.A. Dodgers. Various Dodgers (and Vin Scully) appeared in TV series when they came to town. Maury Wills played banjo and was in some sketches on a Hollywood Palace episode. Sandy Koufax was on Dennis the Menace. Others were on The Joey Bishop Show (two episodes), Mister Ed and The Beverly Hillbillies. Probably others.

I just got up to the Wills episode this morning. Yes, I agree, the show is not that funny but I will say it is quite better than the other show that it ran along with on NBC, Camp Runamuck. But hey, what, you laugh at 8, non necessarily as funny when you're an adult.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks