What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Halo question (1 Viewer)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Are there cheats for the PC version? I don't want to use them... I'm just wondering if they exist, because I'm gettin' my A## kicked online, and I can't believe I'm THAT bad... I mean, I've almost finished the game on the third difficulty level (one below legendary, can't remember the name). Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there better than I, so maybe I just need practice. I'm cool with that. But I had to wonder if some of these guys were using cheats of some sort...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe there were cheats for even the single player game on Xbox. Don't know if any would have been added for the PC version. And I would hope that if they existed at least Bungie would limit them to the single player campaign for exactly the reason you mention.

That said, there are scary good FPS online players out there.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
The January 04 issue of PC Gamer (pages 54/55) has an article by Ryan McCaffrey from XBOX magazine on tips for playing the PC-only multiplayer maps.

No cheats that I could find in the magazine for single player mode.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
There is definitely a wallhack and I've seen some 'trainer' (read: cheating) program out there, not sure if it works in multiplayer though.

The little I played of the demo I was pretty good at it, it's just hard to find a non-laggy server based on the ping. The ping seems completely unrelated to how laggy the server is.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yea the word you're looking for in the multiplayer realm is hacks. There are certainly people using cheap hacks to see through walls, help them aim, and give the enemy a glowing skin. Just about every FPS has this problem. Try searching for a server with the word anti-cheat in its title.

But on the other hand if this is a game with a steep learning curve, it just may be you're getting your @$$ handed to you fair & square. ;) Playing AI is different from a human.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Yeah, no doubt I need practice... I just was surprised at how bad I was... it reminded me of my first time trying to play Unreal Tournament online, where there WERE LOTS of cheats. I'm not unfamiliar with online FPS games against humans... but I've spent the last 1~2 years focusing on tactical shooters, like Ghost Recon, which as definitely softened my skills in a fast-paced environment. Granted, tactical shooters are more real, w/ 1-shot, 1-kill, and zero/minimial armor... but the pace is much slower, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks