Halo Co-Operative-why no system link?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Just curious-does anyone know what the reason for not being able to play Co-Op halo via the system link? We have 2 xboxes in the house, and it would be great to play Halo Co-op with a full screen each-but for some reason the feature isn't there. Fast forward to the online network, and maybe I'd like to play through Halo with a friend in another city. Just seems to be a pretty strange omission.

2. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

I was told they had to cut out the feature to make it ready for the Xbox launch date. I'm sure we'll get an online version of Halo later in the year after the Xbox network launches.

3. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

I would like to see 4 player co-op. I find 2 player co-op on legendary to be NEARLY impossible. (Although Im already on the truth and consequence)

4. Paul_Dunlop

Paul_Dunlop Second Unit

Hi
    I was going through the game settings yesterday, and they note that you can connect 4 consoles for a total of 16 players
    You might want to browse through and see if you can find it.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

The 16 player link-up is purely multiplayer deathmatch/team play though, not coop story mode play.
    It's a heck of a lot of fun though on four big TVs [​IMG]