What's new

GRUV Deals (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
3 for $30 4K Deal. However a lot of titles are sold out. If it says "View" instead of "Add To Cart" then it is sold out. Maybe some will come back in stock before sale ends but who knows. I know "Goodfellas" was sold out out before the sale began. You can't order sold out items unless they are already in your cart. If they were in your cart they will be at the price they were when you put them in your cart.

3 for $15.99 Blu Ray Stock situations appears better than the 4Ks

I didn't look carefully enough to notice earlier yesterday, but guess that makes me feel better about jumping on Goodfellas when it was $15 there, heh. I didn't really see enough of interest (that I didn't already own) to pick 2 others besides Goodfellas though (unless I didn't place my earlier order at all before this).

Goodfellas just always seemed like it'd be hard to get quite that cheaply, which was why I decided to keep it in that order (w/ all the other 4Ks priced around $10-12). And yeah, one does have to act fast to at least add to one's cart (for later ordering) when their 4Ks drop to $10 or so, especially very popular ones like Goodfellas or a few decent ones released w/in last year or two, if those are included.

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yep, I just placed another significant/similar-size order mostly of 4K discs w/ their latest sales of last couple days...

_Man_

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
And fast shipping. GRUV usually gets their pre-orders out early too. The latest 4K Hitchcock Collection arrived a week before the street date. And THE FUGITIVE and OPPENHEIMER arrived today.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
3 for $30 4K Deal. However a lot of titles are sold out. If it says "View" instead of "Add To Cart" then it is sold out. Maybe some will come back in stock before sale ends but who knows. I know "Goodfellas" was sold out out before the sale began. You can't order sold out items unless they are already in your cart. If they were in your cart they will be at the price they were when you put them in your cart.
Some of the 3 for $30 titles are back in stock including "Goodfellas". "The Sting" is still out of stock as of this writing. Worth checking the 3 for $30 sale to see if any other titles come back in stock.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
For DVD fans of classic movies GRUV has a number of the out of print 4 film TCM Greatest Hits sets. Some are 4 disc, some are 2 disc flippers. A few are $6.99 others are $14.99 before any coupons

They also have the Silver Screen Icons which are the TCM Classics sets in new packaging at various prices. I remember those as being mostly flippers but it might have changed.

The descriptions on the individual listings of these box sets state whether they are 2 or 4 discs.
Some pictures differ from the descriptions where the picture indicates 2 discs but the description says 4 discs. Which is true I have no idea. I have not ordered these sets,

In addition they have the "That's Entertainment" Trilogy blu ray pre Warner Archive but the same discs for $7.99. These never looked great but they are a bargain.

All multiple movie DVD sets.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In addition they have the "That's Entertainment" Trilogy blu ray pre Warner Archive but the same discs for $7.99. These never looked great but they are a bargain.

Wow! That's a steal!

Curious if they'll start carrying a bit more WAC titles before long... though probably only very old releases that most fans already own...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Some of the 3 for $30 titles are back in stock including "Goodfellas". "The Sting" is still out of stock as of this writing. Worth checking the 3 for $30 sale to see if any other titles come back in stock.
The Sting is now in stock and Goodfellas is not. If you need to buy multiple disks to get a deal why can't they be in stock at the same time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wore out my credit cards on 2 big Gruv orders (25 titles in total) to take advantage of their various Black Friday sales. Glad to upgrade some titles to 4k, and crossing off some blu-ray titles off the want list too. All of my orders showed up within 3-4 days of placement of the orders. One blu-ray title got crushed (single shipment in white padded envelope), Gruv is supposedly going to just send a replacement, no return shipment requested.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Sting is now in stock and Goodfellas is not. If you need to buy multiple disks to get a deal why can't they be in stock at the same time.
Finally both in stock at the same time and got a 3 for $30 order in.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
GRUV has a few of the OP Book blu rays from years ago in the $8.00 to $10 range. Others are more expensive . These blu rays are now at the Warner Archive but before the archive they were available at retail stores. I imagine they don't have many copies.

Mutiny On The Bounty 1935 $7.99
East of Eden $7.99
The Outlaw Josey Wales $8.99
Bonnie and Clyde $8.99
Dirty Harry $7.99
Jazz Singer, The $9.99
Chariots of Fire $8.99
Poltergeist $8.99
The Green Mile $8.99

East of Eden and Poltergeist have been released in 4K. These are the old blu rays. I did not list more expensive titles but they are included in link.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
DEALS ARE OVER. FOR THE ONES THAT WERE SOLD OUT DURING THE SALE THEY MUST HAVE UPDATED STOCK AVAILABILITY JUST BEFORE RAISING PRICES.
Friends is still $39.99
Complete Series Blu Rays

Batman 1960's $29.99
Friends $39.99
The Flintstones $29.99
The Sopranos $39.99
Batman: The Complete Animated Series $24.99

Marx Bros 5 Paramount movies owned by Universal Blu Ray $14.99
Bugs Bunny - What's Up, Doc? (80th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] $24.99

If you get coupons to work you get the additional discount.
Batman 1960s and Bugs Bunny had been showing as sold out but are showing as available as of this writing.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about this one. There are 2 listings for Batman 1960's Complete Series blu ray.

One for $19.99

One for $ 49.99

The one for $19.99 is part of a new Great Deals On TV Blu Ray Collection.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Based on the release years of those 2 Batman sets it appears the higher priced one is the first repackage of the original digipak release (also in a digipak case) and the lower priced one is the new repackaged in viva cases release.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Based on the release years of those 2 Batman sets it appears the higher priced one is the first repackage of the original digipak release (also in a digipak case) and the lower priced one is the new repackaged in viva cases release.
Thanks for the explanation. The $19.99 set is showing as in stock as of this writing. It seems to go in and out of stock for some reason. If you are interested in the set and it is sold out when you check, try again. Early morning seems the best time to look.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks for the explanation. The $19.99 set is showing as in stock as of this writing. It seems to go in and out of stock for some reason. If you are interested in the set and it is sold out when you check, try again. Early morning seems the best time to look.
I noticed that stock bounce - was able to catch it in stock and ordered one for my 12yo granddaughter - it's one of her favorite classic TV series, especially the Catwoman episodes.

I'm real curious to see if my observation about the release year and packaging is correct.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
While placing that Batman order I noticed they removed the pre-order listing for Babylon 5 ($100) and replaced it with one for the series at $92.99. That makes for a real nice price if you can use the "new user" 20% off code (~$75+tax).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks