What's new

A few words about...™ Robin Hood (2010) -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I recently upgraded a large number of Blu-rays to 4k via a special deal on Gruv, which I believe is owned by Universal. Currently, they're having a 2 for $22 4k deal with 57 titles offered.

One of the upgrades was Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, which could easily have been a Marvel project, giving us the background of some major super-hero.

I recall when I viewed the film back in 2010, wondering when it was going to take off and go into the storyline that we all know, which in this film doesn't occur until the final minutes.

I also recall thinking that a sequel would arrive in the near future.

It never occurred.

And that's a pity, as things were going along nicely.

The production is huge, with a budget reportedly around 200 million dollars, and every cent appears on screen, making this a 4k ripe for projection.

Shot on S35, and finished as a 4k DI, Universal's Blu-ray is a lovely affair.

Both versions of the film - the theatrical 141 minute cut, as well as the 156 cut are included.

Image – 5 (HDR10)

Audio – 5 (DTS-X)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 4.25

Recommended

RAH

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Unlikely. When Ridley Scott approached MPC to have all the effects shots for Kingdom Of Heaven re-rendered in 4k he was told , “whoever dies here today , you will certainly be among them “

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks